- 40 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 312kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make fried chicken dumplings . Today I present you a recipe with chicken that I have tried at my friend Nacho’s house. Some dumplings that could not be simpler and that are usually filled with chicken, although you can vary even with leftovers from a roast or stew.
It is a fantastic option to take to work or even for a day out in the countryside or the mountains, a delicious option for eating outdoors .
When you are invited to Nacho’s house, you can not only hallucinate with his potato omelette , his fantastic Russian salad or his syrupy rice with androllas. Everything will be washed down with a good wine, some of the jewels that he has in his cellar.
The dumplings that I present today are fried, crispier and larger as the dough puffs up. Life is not usually complicated with dough themes and buy wafers, always quality ones. But if you want to prepare a homemade pastry dough on the blog you have several options. Also the filling you will see that it does not take long, it is a light filling with chicken that you can tune to your liking.
This recipe is in fried format, although you can also prepare them in the oven, depending on taste. In addition to being easy to prepare and a quick recipe, it is inexpensive. On many occasions you can prepare delicious dishes with little money, as a recipe for using a roast or cooked chicken for example. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Preparation of chicken filling for dumplings
- We cut the chicken breasts into small pieces more or less equal. Crush the garlic clove in a mortar and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. We stir until there is a paste.
- Season the chicken pieces to taste with a little pepper and salt.
- Chop the onions, bell pepper and mushrooms into small pieces. Add oil to the pan and sauté the onion and pepper over very low heat, leaving it golden brown. Add the chilli pepper (optional) and the garlic paste, let it pass for 3-4 minutes.
- We toss the chicken pieces and carefully stir with a wooden spoon. This process takes about 5 minutes.
- We rectify salt and pepper.
- And finally we let the filling cool down in order to make the dumplings. If we put it hot, it softens the dough and it does not look good.
Frying and final presentation of chicken dumplings
- If we are going to use ready-made wafers, we just have to remove the plate and place them on the table ready to fill.
- If the option is to do everything at home home, we floured countertop kitchen and stretch the dough homemade dumplings with rolling pin until we left with a thickness of 2 or 3 mm.
- We cut the dumplings with a large breakfast cup or similar of about 20 cm in diameter.
- We add the filling to each pastry of either type of dough, 1 tablespoon of filling in each. It is very important that the filling is cold so that the dough holds up well when frying.
- We paint the edge of the dumplings with the help of a cooking brush and beaten egg. We cover with the other half well stretched and seal it by the edges, braiding the bottom over the top with the help of a fork.
- We fry the dumplings in very hot extra virgin olive oil, pouring oil over them continuously with the slotted spoon, and thus the classic bubbles of the fried dumplings will form.
- We remove the dumplings when they are golden brown and put them on a plate with absorbent paper.
And they are ready to eat, don’t be anxious and let them cool. Nacho I hope you teach me how to prepare that famous Xarrete with patacas that you have promised me …
I encourage you to visit more recipes for delicious tapas, snacks and pinchos for an unforgettable evening with yours.
Tips for some yummy chicken dumplings
- This option is fried dumplings, but as I said at the beginning, they can also be baked. You can make baked dumplings just as crisp and tasty by placing them on a baking sheet, pinching them with a little beaten egg, and baking until golden brown.
- In this way you will get them to be healthier by not adding any oil to the cooking since this way the dough does not absorb more fat. But I leave it to your liking, you can even prepare the 2 options and let your guests decide which one suits you best.
- They last up to two or three days in the fridge and, if we do not want to consume them cold, they can be baked for 5 minutes at 190º C, they will be almost as freshly made.
- Another option is to freeze ready-made dumplings before frying or baking. So you just have to thaw the day before in the fridge and follow the process from point 5 of the recipe. My advice is to freeze the portions that we do not plan to consume in the two days after baking.