- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to prepare stuffed eggs .
Today I bring you a recipe with fish and eggs, suitable for all kinds of kitchens.
Even those who do not have a knack for the kitchen, you will be able to prepare these stuffed eggs without major problem.
With basic ingredients, that we have at home at any time, we will get an off-road recipe.
In addition to being simple, it will take little time, making it a staple on the “tupper” menus , for a picnic and for those days when we want to prepare lunch / dinner in advance.
Today’s recipe is the one made at my mother’s house since I was a child, one of the most traditional, with a simple filling with tuna and olives .
On the blog you will find a lot of proposals, from the classic eggs stuffed with tuna , the delicious eggs stuffed with meat , the summery eggs stuffed with salad or the traditional Castilian eggs .
For these stuffed eggs we are going to use mayonnaise, an element to always keep in mind, especially in the summer months, where heat can affect their condition.
To avoid tangling and make your life easier, I used a good quality pot mayonnaise. Anyway you can make your own homemade mayonnaise .
It is a dish that is usually eaten cold, as a first course or appetizer , but they are also very delicious freshly made.
Now all you need to do is prepare them with this or another filling (to your liking) and enjoy them at the table.
- Eggs are the basis of this recipe so choose good quality ones. We start by cooking the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- After time, we put them in a bowl and submerge them in cold water. This will cool them down faster and make the subsequent task of peeling them easier.
- Once cold, we peel them and cut them in halves. Carefully remove the cooked yolks and reserve them.
Preparation of the filling
- We open the tuna cans. I have used preserves made with olive oil, being of higher quality and better flavor.
- We remove the tuna and drain on an absorbent kitchen paper.
- We throw in a big bowl, where we will prepare all the filling.
- Of the pitted olives, we leave 4 for the final plating. The rest we finely chop and put in the bowl.
- We repeat the process with the yolks, dividing them and adding them to the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix and salt to taste. Now we add 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise and start mashing the entire mixture with a fork.
- Little by little a homogeneous and smooth mixture will be created, which will be the filling of the emptied whites.
Fill the stuffed eggs
- To fill the whites, use a rounded tip knife or a small teaspoon (coffee-sized).
- We take a little dough, fill the hole and put the same, simulating the size of the original egg yolk.
- Do not be in a hurry and do it calmly, so that the clearings are not broken.
- I leave you with a video of how to prepare homemade mayonnaise , so it will come out the first time and of course, delicious.
Final presentation of the stuffed eggs
We would have the stuffed eggs ready. To finish off the plate, we have several possibilities for final decoration:
- Cut the reserved olives in half and place each half on each egg.
- Add a bit of mayonnaise on top of the filling and on top a strip of roasted pepper.
- Reserve a couple of cooked yolks, and once very cold, grate them over the filling.
A “lifeguard” dish that will get you out of more trouble when you don’t have the planned lunch / dinner.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the stuffed eggs recipe in this album.
Tips for some fluffy stuffed eggs
- With the stuffed eggs we can play with the ingredients that you like the most, giving it a personal touch. I have eaten some that had avocado, piquillo peppers, very chopped onion, etc …
- For this recipe we have used so-called “free -range ” eggs , where the hens’ diet is based more on cereals and less on feed. If you can have homemade eggs, the thing will be for note.
- When I prepare the filling, once I have put the ingredients together I don’t complicate my life. I do it with a fork but another option is to give the mixture a touch of a mixer, resulting in a finer dough, with which the whites are filled with a pastry bag. The filling is the same but the finish is, let’s say, more “elegant”.
- In the event that you leave the stuffed eggs made in advance, reserve them in the refrigerator, covered with a transparent film or put in a tupper. This way they will be kept in perfect condition, and will not catch odors from other foods.
- Do not tell me that this recipe is not easy and fast, you have no excuse for not cooking. Either way, it is a great option for any time and time of year.