- 15 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 2 / person
- 165kcal per 100g.
How to make prawns with cognac . One of the recipes that undoubtedly reminds me of Christmas or those family meals on Sundays at my mother’s house are prawns sauteed in cognac .
It seems that a Christmas without prawns is not Christmas, the truth is that this dish is very simple, full of flavor and that combines the juiciness of the sauce with some very tasty prawns.
The most important thing when preparing some prawns and they are rich, is to cook them just enough so that they stop being raw, we do not want them to be dry.
This cognac prawn recipe I have prepared several times at home in the style of my mother and always pleases all my guests.
Also, as you will see in the video, this prawn stir fry is done so fast that it is a perfect recipe if you want to enjoy the food as much or more than your own guests.
Prepared like this, we can bring prawns to the table, and leave the most traditional presentations, cooked, grilled, in cream or in a classic cocktail . I hope you find them as appetizing as they seemed to us.
Preparation of the prawns
- With enough time, let the shrimp thaw in the fridge the night before.
- We pass them with a little water to clean possible impurities and we go over the prawns.
- We separate those who have broken or crushed heads, which will serve us for other preparations, to use only those with a better presence, the recipe deserves it.
- We put in a frying pan on the fire a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, the finely chopped garlic, the chilli (if you like the spicy touch, it is optional) and a pinch of salt, over low heat, moving without stopping, 2 or 3 minutes.
- The moment you see that the garlic is beginning to brown. Add the prawns and raise the heat to full.
- As soon as they change color, we turn them around. We add a little coarse salt and parsley.
- Remember that it is not necessary to add much either, because the prawns are already salty and if you go overboard, you can spoil the recipe.
Preparation of the prawns with cognac. Final presentation
- Then add the cognac or brandy, leave the heat to a minimum and flambé. Before doing so, it is very, very important that the kitchen range hood is turned off.
- We light the pan with a lighter and wait for the fire to consume and evaporate almost all the alcohol, the flame will go out while we stir carefully.
- When the flame has been consumed, we raise the temperature and leave the prawns to turn for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and grate the lime and stir to flavor the dish.
- We already have our prawns ready to eat and a sauce that will be the best of the dish. Have you seen Simple and delicious in just a few minutes.
This recipe for sautéed prawns is a very good snack to start warming up your engines for Christmas food.
Be sure to enjoy all the fish and seafood recipes that we have on the blog and in the special Christmas recipes . You can see all the photos of this prawn recipe step by step in the next album.
Tips for flambing prawns without problems
- To make the prawns juicy, we are going to add a little alcohol, which evaporates when the prawns are flambéed.
- According to the cooking courses I have attended, the best liquid to flambé is brandy or cognac, which is a high alcoholic liquor.
- But without exceeding, since it can produce an explosion, this can happen for example with the 150º C spirit.
- If this is the first time you have flambéed a plate, remember to read our tips to light recipes with alcohol and also turn off the extractor hood at the moment you light the fire, so that the flame is not extremely fanned.