- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.8 € / person
- 256kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken curry . For many years now we have been cooking one of the most successful chicken recipes on the blog, chicken curry or chicken curry.
A dish that we have adopted at home since we went to India, we are passionate about. Although a little different from the original Hindu because with the original ingredients the truth is that it was difficult to eat the dish, because it stings like a devil.
Don’t worry, this recipe will let you enjoy the curry without ending up with poor digestion. Many believe that this recipe is complex due to its ingredients but it is not, in fact they are quite easy to find.
The curry can have a lot of spices: tamarind, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, cumin, dried onion, saffron, cayenne pepper, turmeric, coriander, pepper, cinnamon, basil, mustard … Many of them do you sound but with globalization of nowadays.
We can find high quality curry mixes in Asian areas of your city, and of course, industrial ones in any supermarket. This recipe is very common in the gastronomies of half the world. Although in India, the United Kingdom and the Caribbean are almost a national dish.
The rice Thai Sundari respects the delicate nuances of this type of rice that accompanies perfectly with the flavors of chicken and curry sauce. A very simple and very tasty recipe, really delicious.
Preparation of the base sauce for the chicken stew
- Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces. We want them to melt in the cooking, in the end we will not notice its texture but its sweet flavor.
- We put a medium saucepan on the fire with half of the virgin olive oil (two tablespoons).
- We put the onion in the saucepan, salt to taste to make it sweat and leave it on the fire until the onion becomes translucent (transparent).
- We prepare the chicken removing the excess fat that may come from the breasts. We cut them into medium squares (about 2 centimeters long) and season to taste.
Preparation of chicken curry
- In a large frying pan or casserole add the virgin olive oil.
- We put the chicken in the pan, brown for 3-4 minutes until the pieces blanch, we just want to seal the surface and make the chicken juicy.
- Add the chicken and the water that has been released to the casserole with the onion.
- We put the raisins in a glass with water, heat in the micro for one minute at maximum temperature. We remove from the micro and let them rest another minute. Drain and reserve for the next step.
- Add the curry powder (do not add more curry than indicated in the recipe until you take the point and leave it to your personal taste) to the casserole with the onion and mix well.
- If you like it with a spicy touch, it’s time to add a little chilli, but remember that it has freshly ground black pepper and it already gives it a little spicy taste.
Cooking chicken curry stew and Thai rice
- Add the coconut milk and stir well so that the flavors and smells mix. We leave over medium-high heat to reduce our future chicken curry sauce.
- After 5 minutes we reduce the cooking temperature in half. We try salt and if necessary add a little more.
- Chop the cashews and put them in the casserole with the raisins that we have previously hydrated. We put everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Let them cook over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes until the sauce is reduced.
- If we see that it reduces too much we can add a little water or whole milk.
- When we see that the sauce has thickened we put the fire to a minimum. This way we keep the heat while we prepare the Thai Sundari rice that will refresh our palates while we eat the curry.
- We serve the freshly made rice along with the chicken curry on the same plate. Sprinkle with the coriander very chopped on top.
- Do not forget to serve some naan bread or chapati.
A staple in Hindu cuisine to help push. Although the rice mixes perfectly with the sauce leaving the plate clean. Do you cheer up with a chicken curry? Well, to the kitchen!
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the chicken curry recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.