- 30 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.6 € / person
- 340kcal per 100g.
How to make bacon cheese fries potatoes .
These recipes with potatoes will sound a lot to you since they are one of the most famous dishes of the Foster’s Hollywood chain of restaurants , of North American food.
A recipe that I will try to make as similar as possible, although not 100 percent, since they keep the secret of the sauce used very well.
The most similar is the so-called Ranchera or Ranch Dressing Salsa, widely used throughout the US and also Mexico, to accompany salads and dishes with potatoes or pasta.
The inventor of this Salsa is said to have been precisely a California rancher, Steve Henson, who created a special dressing for when he had guests.
Homemade Ranchera Sauce takes time to prepare but it is well worth it, not only for this recipe, but to accompany a multitude of dishes.
The success of this sauce lies in the proportion of ingredients, as well as its quality. A perfect way to tune and improve some sauces that you prepare at home, combines great.
In general it is not a light meal, it is quite forceful, when carrying the ranchera sauce and melted cheese. They are good for an occasion, but you know that I always recommend you moderate in this type of diet.
Preparation of the buttermilk
- We start by preparing the ranchera sauce. The most difficult ingredient to find is the “buttermilk” , so we will prepare it with milk and a little vinegar.
- Buttermilk : pour 150 ml. of warm milk, never hot, in a cup and add 15 ml. white vinegar.
- Stir well and let stand. In about 15 min. the milk will have been cut, but don’t worry, that’s what you want.
- Stir well again and we will get the texture like a liquid yogurt.
Preparation of homemade ranchera sauce
- For the ranchera sauce, put in a large bowl, add the buttermilk, the mayonnaise, the yogurt, the lemon juice, and mix.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
- We stir well with a few rods or a fork, until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- We reserve in the fridge until later, so it will get more consistency.
- Once the sauce is made, we go with the rest of the recipe.
Preparation of Foster´s Hollywood potatoes
- We wash and peel the potatoes. We cut them into uniform sticks, similar to those that come in bags ready to fry.
- In a deep fryer or frying pan with very hot oil, we fry at its point, without reaching any tan color.
- We reserve them on kitchen paper, so that the excess oil is drained.
- Cut the bacon into strips and fry it in the pan over medium heat. We do not need oil since the fat released by the bacon will suffice. We also reserve on absorbent paper.
- In a baking dish, place the fried potatoes on the base, sprinkle them with plenty of ranchera sauce.
- Add the roasted bacon and finally cover with a generous layer of cheese to gratin.
- Gratin with the oven in grill function for 10 minutes, or until you see that the cheese is completely melted.
- We serve very warm on the table.
It is a dish that is very good but as I said, it is a real torrent of calories for our body. So don’t abuse too much … hehe
Be sure to see all the step-by-step photos of this Foster’s Hollywood potato recipe.