- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.2 € / person
- 225kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make a seafood pasta salad.
This pasta salad is ideal for any dinner or lunch we have this summer.
I never tire of advising you that in this heat what you want is to eat fresh dishes, to see if those long-awaited holidays arrive.
An ideal pasta salad with a mariñeiro flair, a more intense sea flavor with the power of shrimp and scallops, combined with a delicious yogurt sauce.
And it is that pasta, in all its types, is a food with an almost neutral flavor that accepts different flavors with pleasure. In this case, the one with seafood, but also some soft meat such as turkey, chicken or a little cooked ham would be perfect.
A delicious way to eat tasty and fresh, with balanced flavors that helps to integrate homemade yogurt sauce . A perfect suggestion for these heats, a recipe that will leave you indifferent.
Preparation of the salad base
- Chop the 2 garlic cloves very finely. We reserve.
- We wash the 2 lemons well, dry and grate one. The one that we have grated we are going to squeeze. So we will have the juice we need for the recipe. The other we are going to cut into slices to decorate the salad.
- In a bowl mix the prawns, the scallops, the garlic, the grated lemon, the oil and the pepper. We cover everything with film and macerate for 2 to 4 hours in the fridge. To get all the flavor of the mash.
Preparation of the pasta for this salad and final presentation
- To prepare the pasta, heat a liter of water for every 100 g of pasta in a saucepan, it is the recommended measure per person.
- These proportions, which are normally indicated on the packaging, help the paste not stick together. And always try to use a large casserole, the largest in your kitchen.
- If you cook pasta many times it will be very useful to buy a casserole for those occasions, a good investment.
- When it begins to boil in spurts we add 1 generous handful of salt.
- Then we add the pasta, always all together. We stir with a wooden spoon so that the pasta does not stick and is loose.
- On the back of the pasta pack comes the cook time. We must be guided by these instructions because for each type it is different, in this case it is 9 minutes.
- In this way we will achieve what is called pasta “al dente” or at its right point, that is, it does not pass.
Final presentation of the seafood salad
- Once the time has elapsed, drain the pasta immediately and combine it with the yogurt sauce.
- Season with prawns and scallops. We roast them lightly at 170º C for about 10 minutes. We reserve and let cool.
- Add the pasta, prawns and scallops carefully.
- We wash the lettuce and remove any possible dirt. A tip is to submerge them with water with a few drops of vinegar so that the earth is deposited in the bottom. Drain it, finely chop and reserve.
- We put the lettuce in the bottom of the salad bowl and cover with the pasta salad. Decorate with the lemon slices that we have reserved.
And you already have an original and perfect recipe to pass these summer heats. I assure you that you will prepare it again.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the recipe for pasta salad with scallops and shrimp . Do not lose detail and a salad will come out of which you do not leave a bit.