- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.4 € / person
- 182kcal per 100g.
How to make butler potatoes . Sometimes we forget that potatoes can be prepared in many different ways … And there is life beyond cooked and fried potatoes.
As an example, on the blog you can find many recipes with potatoes with this ingredient as the absolute protagonist.
As different and different variants as baked potatoes with spices, tartiflette , delicious duchess potatoes or simple stuffed potatoes .
There is no doubt that a garnish based on potatoes is one of the best ways to accompany a main dish and incidentally provide carbohydrates to our meals. If we resort to a recipe like this we will be taking advantage of one of the most delicious and economic ways as well.
This tuber originating in America, in addition to being an important source of energy, is also rich in vitamin C, potassium and fiber.
In short, it is always a good idea to incorporate it into our diet and for that nothing better than finding different ways to bring it to the table. Today’s, which also requires very little work and some very simple ingredients, will not leave you indifferent.
Preparation of the butler potatoes
- Peel and wash the potatoes. We cut them into slices less than one centimeter thick.
- Peel and cut the onion into julienne strips, very fine so that it is done before.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan as wide as possible. Add the onion and let it brown.
- When the onion begins to take color we add a handful of chopped parsley and the glass of milk. Mix well. Add the potatoes. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- We cook for 35-40 minutes over low heat (3 out of 10) turning the potatoes from time to time. This will be done on both sides.
- When the potatoes are tender (we can check it by pricking them with a fork or a toothpick), we raise the heat for 2 or 3 minutes to brown them (6 or 7 out of 10).
- At the time of serving, we place the potatoes as a base and add the caramelized onion on top. Finally we water with a few tablespoons of the sauce that will be glorious.
These butler potatoes work fantastically as a garnish for meat or fish. In addition, its preparation takes just enough time to be done while we bake or stew the dish they accompany without stealing another minute.
You can see all the step by step photos of this butler potato recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.