- 5 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 680kcal per 100g.
How to make mayonnaise .
This sauce recipe is very simple, with the step by step with photos and the 2 videos that I present below, I assure you that it will be perfect and the first time.
Almost as if it were there helping you to prepare a homemade mayonnaise or mayonnaise with yummy.
It will serve as the basis for many other recipes and you can tune it as you like. This sauce so present in Spanish cuisine is used as an accompaniment to meat, fish, seafood, rice and vegetables. A Russian salad is not conceivable without a quality homemade mayonnaise.
In the Mediterranean and Portuguese cuisine it is also served hot or you can even bake it together with the fish as in this cod gratin . Although its origin is Spanish, it seems that aioli first emerged and not the other way around.
It was the French who removed the garlic from the recipe as it was too strong for their kitchen. Formerly it was made with mortar and patience. What a job!
It should not be forgotten that mayonnaise uses raw eggs in its preparation. For this reason, there is a certain risk of contracting salmonellosis if proper precautions are not taken.
Using organic acids in its preparation (vinegar, lemon juice and those present in olive oil) helps its conservation since salmonella does not prosper (it does not survive in acid pH).
It should always be consumed within hours, or a few days after preparing it. I hope you cheer up with this sauce, much tastier than you can find in supermarkets. You will tell me.
- We first put the egg in the bottom of the blender glass, cover with the rest of the ingredients.
- We introduce the mixer in the bottom of the glass, and without moving it from this position beat at maximum speed until you see that all the content emulsifies.
- If you have removed the eggs from the fridge you must wait for them to take room temperature, if they are not at the same temperature as the oil it is much more likely that the mayonnaise will cut.
- We should not move the blades of the mixer at the bottom of the glass, since the mayonnaise would be cut, something quite common if you do not have much practice. Do not miss any detail in the following video.
- Once it has emulsified, we move the mixer from top to bottom to finish the process, but without stopping at any time.
- What to do if the mayonnaise is cut? If it does not emulsify and a strange looking mixture is formed, we should not throw it away.
- We will make another mayonnaise separately and once it is almost emulsified we will add the mayonnaise cut little by little incorporating it to the correct one.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this homemade mayonnaise in this album. Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Variant of the fake aioli (tuned mayonnaise with garlic)
Before any reader from the Levante area says anything, this little variant is not aioli, ajolio, ajoaceite, ajiaceite or ajaceite . A typical sauce of Mediterranean gastronomy formed by the emulsion of olive oil and garlic).
It is a variation of mayonnaise with garlic flavor, in a future recipe we will prepare the famous aioli that we add to our dry rice dishes such as paella or abanda rice.
- We introduce to the glass of the blender the whole garlic clove that we have confit in oil previously. Add extra virgin olive oil to cover 1 cm of the glass, add a pinch of salt.
- Then add the egg and put the mixer to the bottom of the glass. We begin to beat leaving it fixed and we will notice that in a few seconds it emulsifies, that is, it turns into cream.
- This is the moment when we must raise and lower the mixer in a slow movement. In this way we managed to integrate the oil completely with the egg.
- When it has set, we can increase the volume by adding a little more extra virgin olive oil. Cooked or roasted potatoes are addicted. Imagination to the power.
A great sauce and accompaniment of good recipes throughout the year.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes that we have on the blog to prepare the tastiest sauces and accompany all our dishes.