- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 304kcal per 100g.
How to Make a custard condensed milk .
If there is a dessert that transports me to childhood when you try it, it is homemade flan , not only that, I am convinced that it happens in most houses, at least if it has ever been made with flan.
In our dessert recipes, one of the classics of my childhood could not be missing, the condensed milk flan that my aunt Anita likes so much.
From a kitchen staple like flan you can play with base ingredients like eggs, milk and sugar you can get the flan that you like the most. In the blog you can find several examples like cheese flan , flan orange , orange flan a coffee flan , a caramel nougat Jijona , chocolate pudding , custard yogurt , coconut flan and the most curious everyone, the biscuit . In addition to all of these, perhaps the creamiest after cheese is condensed milk .
Within the dessert recipes of this blog you can not forget the pudding or pudding , you can even adapt this recipe to add that pastry or bread that you have a little hard at home. I haven’t been very sweet when I was little, but I remember eating condensed milk by the spoonful, one of my weaknesses.
I can assure you that if you have not yet tried this flan, your curiosity will be piqued, surely a bottle of condensed milk falls into your shopping basket on your next visit to the supermarket.
Preparation of the caramel
- We heat the oven to 170º C with heat up and down without air.
- We make a light caramel with the sugar and a few drops of water and lemon, follow the steps of the video that I leave you in the recipe.
- We cover the bottom of the flan mold with the caramel, you can also choose to make individual flan.
Preparation of the condensed milk flan base
- While in a bowl we beat the eggs with the whole milk and the condensed milk without making too much foam. Just enough for them to mix and a creamy dough remains. We reserve.
- Fill the central tray of the oven with hot water until it covers a third of the height of the mold.
- We raise the temperature of the oven to 200º C until the water begins to boil.
- We put the cream of condensed milk flan in small flan molds or in an individual flan. We cover them with aluminum foil and put them in the oven in the tray with the water for approximately 50-60 minutes.
- The time depends a little on the size of the mold or molds and the oven, but after 40 minutes, check the cooking.
Baking and final presentation of the flan
- Bake at about 200º C until the flan or individual flan are curdled and golden.
- The oven will not stain anything at all but be careful not to burn yourself with the water in the tray.
- After 50 minutes you can test with a knife to see if they are completely curdled. If it comes out clean they will be ready, if we don’t leave them a little more.
- Let cool to room temperature and then put them in the fridge. They will be much better cold and from one day to the next.
- Carefully unmold in a plate so that all the flan is bathed in caramel. To enjoy. Yummy!
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the condensed milk pudding recipe . Do not miss any detail and a flan will come out to make over and over again.
Tips for a perfect condensed milk flan
- Made of stainless steel.
- Traditional tapered design. Shiny silver finish.
- Measurements: Diameter 8 cm – Height 5 cm – Bottom diameter: 5 cm.
- Set of 12 individual flaneras.
- Quality guarantee.
- Before you ask me, I leave you with a link above where to buy the individual flaneras that I have at home. An individual format for this dessert, or its rectangular version of a silicone mold.
- The condensed milk flan, just like all desserts made with the heat of the bain-marie. You then need to rest and cool down before you can take it.
- I recommend that you please make the caramel at home, it is a very simple step and the flavor and texture has nothing to do with the commercial, I hope you will be encouraged by this new flan.
- I recommend that the last 10 minutes of cooking remove the foil. This way we get the top to get a little color. Although it will not be seen later, we will turn it around.
- I assure you that this flan is going to become a classic at home. A dessert that is the easiest thing of the lot, you just have to know how to mix. So this recipe will not resist you.
Last update on 2020-05-24 / Affiliate Links / API Images for Affiliates