- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.5 € / person
- 212kcal per 100g.
Fideuá recipe with seafood .
Within the gastronomy of the Valencian community, there are two types of recipes with fish , dishes that are its standard, paella and fideuá .
Today we have prepared one of those great recipes, a fideuá of squid and prawns to lick your fingers. Originally, fideuá was a seafood dish .
Tradition has it that it was the cook of one of the fishing banks that worked along the Valencian coast, who invented this recipe. With the intention of creating a less appetizing dish than the traditional banda rice that he cooked on the ship, to avoid the skipper leaving many of the sailors without his ration, because he was fond of that preparation, he substituted the rice in his recipe for thick noodles with the intention of making the daily ration less appetizing.
The fact is that, far from being worse, the result enchanted, so that in the food houses of the port they began to prepare it that way, due to the fame that this dish acquired.
In the blog we have already made some foray into the dishes with noodles, such as these noodles with squid or the one with noodles with clams , with which I am sure you will have lost fear of this type of dishes
The preparation of this recipe is very similar to that of paella, in fact it is usually prepared in the same type of container, paella . It is a plate of thick noodles, originally accompanied by fish and seafood, but nowadays it can be prepared with almost any type of ingredient.
As a result we will have a fish or seafood stew accompanied by very tasty pasta that will surely surprise those of you who do not know it, first for its great flavor and then for the simplicity of its preparation.
Preparation of the accompaniment of the seafood fideuá
- Peel the prawns and reserve the meat. With the heads and the skins we prepare a fumet that we will then use to finish the dish.
- In a saucepan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and brown the heads of the shrimp and the rest of the skins.
- When they have taken color, add the water and cook for 15 minutes. We reserve until the moment of its use.
- In a new casserole, heat a splash of olive oil and add the peeled and diced onion and diced garlic cloves. Let the vegetables brown for a few minutes.
- We wash the peppers and cut them into cubes. When the onion begins to take color we add them to the casserole and sauté with the rest of the vegetables for 7 or 8 minutes. While the vegetables are being made we wash and chop the squid.
- We add them to the casserole and fry them with the rest of the vegetables. When they are ready add the noodles and sauté them.
Preparation of the seafood fideuá
- We incorporate the equivalent of 4 cups of the fish fumet that we have reserved. We strain it to avoid passing to the stew some rest of the skins of the shrimp. Salt and add a few strands of saffron.
- Let the stew cook for 10 minutes. We add the peeled prawns that we have reserved. We continue cooking until the pasta is done.
- If we see that we need a little more broth we can add it at any time. We just have to check the salt at the end of cooking and that’s it.
- In a moment we can enjoy a whole plate that could perfectly serve as a single plate.
This recipe does not need more accompaniment than a good aioli, a piece of bread and a glass of fresh beer. A delicious delicacy, you will only lack the aroma of the sea to look like you are on vacation.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog.
You can see all the photos of the recipe in the step by step of the seafood fideuá recipe. If you have doubts, follow the photos and it will be delicious.
Tips for a perfect fideuá
- Your best ally will be a good homemade broth. The fideuás admits the flavor of the broth that you want to add to the recipe. Although the best would be a broth of fish and seafood, and an expert in fideuás will tell you that the broth of rock fish or trash, although it is more complicated to prepare. Do not go crazy with the subject, but if you use a good broth that provides flavor, it will be 30% of the success of your recipe. If you don’t have fish, you can use vegetables, chicken, poultry or meat.
- A fideuá, like a paella, must be solved in that container, although not everyone has it. You can also use a low casserole at home, it is not the same but as you can see in the photos, you will have a good fideuá.
- The fideuá broth asks for saffron but if we don’t have it, we can fix it. Before turning to the food coloring canister, try adding a turmeric tip that will add a pop of color. It is a good substitute.