- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.9 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make ham and cheese dumplings .
As a good Galician, the Galician empanada is part of the gastronomic repertoire of the moments of my life.
And how could it be otherwise, the empanadillas, as little sisters, have also been a saint of devotion of my family forever. As surely many of you already know, I am a complete supporter of uncomplicated cooking.
Simple and fruitful recipes are a sure hit, for the cookers who prepare them and for the diners who enjoy it. Today I want to bring you one of those simple and tasty recipes, some dumplings of ham and yummy cheese .
If you dare to prepare your own pastry dough , here you can see how to do it. If you don’t have time but you want some delicious dumplings and you choose to use pre-prepared wafers like me, in just over 15 minutes you can enjoy some juicy ham and cheese dumplings.
Although the filling options in the dumplings are infinite, and on the blog you can find a few. From delicious homemade tuna dumplings, tasty chicken or chicken dumplings with mushrooms, or these leek dumplings . Today’s option, ham and cheese dumplings are surely the quickest and easiest to prepare.
This recipe has a little trick that will guarantee a juicy texture. This involves adding a portion of cream cheese to the filling. We will mix this cream with the ham and cheese, providing creaminess and juiciness to the final result.
It doesn’t take much more to get some delicious ham and cheese dumplings that will be a hit with children and not so children, great.
Preparation of the ham and cheese dumplings
- Chop the cooked ham and cheese into cubes. It is important to cut them into small pieces as possible.
- Add the cheese cream and begin to integrate the three ingredients with a fork until you get a paste that is as thin as possible. We reserve.
- We place a pasty wafer on a work surface and place a tablespoon of ham and cheese filling in the center. If we were using larger wafers we would put 2 or more tablespoons for the filling.
- With the tips of your fingers, lightly moisten the edge of the wafer with water and fold it over itself to seal it.
- We close the edges of the dumplings with the help of the tines of a fork. We place the dumplings in the oven tray on vegetable paper.
- We paint the dumplings with beaten egg and, with the oven previously heated to 180º C. Bake for 15 minutes with temperature above and below, with hot air, until we see that they are golden.
- We remove from the oven and serve on the spot.
Ready for enjoyment for adults and children. As well as being a quick and easy dish to prepare, it is also a yummy recipe. One of those “easier impossible” recipes.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.