- 45 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 310kcal per 100g.
Making coffee flan .
I admit it, I lost the sweet!
Last week I went to eat at a friend’s house and they put a coffee flan for dessert which was incredible.
I have managed to get the recipe and here I leave it for you so you can also enjoy it.
If you have never prepared flan do not worry, the important thing is to follow the instructions well and thus it will be impossible for you to be wrong.
In our dessert recipes you could not miss a coffee flan, easy and homemade , a dessert in which we must only have basic ingredients from any kitchen.
It is a very simple dessert in its preparation and comfortable in its planning. Well, it is made with few ingredients that everyone has at home: eggs, milk, sugar and of course our flavoring, which will give color and flavor, the coffee that you like the most.
In the blog you can find several examples like cheese flan , orange flan a flan Jijona nougat , chocolate pudding , custard yogurt , coconut flan and the most curious of all, the Bizcoflan .
You can no longer say that the dessert and coffee on the table are not in the same pack.
A perfect combination that is taken with a spoon. A great dessert that has a flavor and a texture that will not leave anyone indifferent, especially for coffee lovers.
Preparation of the cream flan base
- In a very deep container we are going to beat, with the help of a mixer, the eggs and the sugar. Until they are well integrated and acquire a clear tone.
- Next we add the milk and the instant coffee and continue beating with the mixer.
- In the flanera (or mold that you use) we are going to pour the caramel on the base and a little on the sides.
- Be careful not to puddle the mold, just a little to varnish the liner. Add the previous mixture to the mold.
- In a large saucepan add a little less than half the water and put it on medium high heat so that it begins to boil.
Preparation of the coffee flan
- We introduce the flanera. The weight of the pan will make the water in the saucepan rise until it reaches the middle of the pan. This should be at the perfect height. We cover it and let it cook.
- The custard will be ready, when you prick it (with a skewer) it comes out clean.
- At that time we take out the flanera and let it cool to room temperature.
- Then we put it an hour in the fridge, so that it is easier for us to remove it from the mold.
- Carefully unmold in a plate so that all the flan is bathed with the caramel and enjoy.
The coffee flan is a delicious dessert that very coffee growers will appreciate and is a different way of savoring coffee.
I leave you in this link how to prepare the liquid caramel , which we use in this flan.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .
Tips for a yummy coffee flan
- It is a flan that you can adapt to your “coffee” tastes, using the variety or mixture that you like the most.
- In the recipe I have recommended a soluble coffee. You can add fresh coffee in your coffee maker, substituting 8-10 gr. of instant coffee per 50 ml. of liquid coffee, we will only have to use 450 ml. of whole milk instead of 500 ml.
- Be sure to watch some of our latest videos, how to prepare coffee at home with all the advice of Oscar de Toro, one of the best baristas in Spain.
- Eggs are the star ingredient in this dessert. They will provide you with the necessary consistency so that when unmolding it does not crumble us. Also, if coffee is not one of your favorite ingredients, you just have to replace it with the one that you like the most.
- If you want to prepare your own caramel, you only need two more ingredients: water and sugar.
- You already know that making liquid caramel is relatively easy, but you have to be careful when handling it.
- In its preparation it reaches quite high temperatures and, if you are not careful, you may find yourself with a burn on your hands. I know from experience.
- You can do a bain marie as best suits you. In this case, since the flanera is not very big and I have a saucepan that adapts to the size of your plate or stove.
- But if you do not have a suitable vitro or induction container, you can do it perfectly in the oven using a suitable dish for oven. It should be deep enough to fit the flan mold and add half the water.