- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to prepare quince jelly .
In autumn at home it is time for sweet recipes of preserves, jams and compotes.
Recipes to take advantage of the products of the garden that is in full swing. Among the preparations that cannot be missed, as soon as the first quinces appear on my father’s tree, is the quince jelly.
Preparing quince at home is easy and without too much complication. Even so, we can find small differences between some sweets and others.
Many times these differences are only in the amount of sugar added to it, which influences the degree of hardness of the final result, and the cooking time we give to this fruit.
Other times we can find ingredients, within the elaboration, that will bring different touches and that will greatly enrich the final product.
We can find on the sweet quince blog made just like my mother does. Although we will also publish a quince jelly with some apple.
The sweet that we have prepared today, with a touch of Angelic Fray liquor that will give it a subtly different flavor.
I encourage you to prepare this recipe if I am one of those who, like me, prepare a shipment of quince each year for a regiment, this hazelnut liqueur will give an even more wonderful flavor to the sweet, if possible.
Preparation of homemade quince
- We clean the quinces by removing the outer skin and the heart, as if it were an apple. We remove the fuzz and dry them.
- I have prepared this quince considering 1 kg of the quince meat already clean, without skins or seeds.
- We cut the quince into cubes, mix it with the sugar, the lemon juice and the hazelnut liqueur in the pot where we will then cook the quince.
- We will leave it to marinate for no less than 12 hours, in my case from one day to the next.
- Add the cinnamon stick and the casserole and put it on the fire.
- We cook the sweet for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, with greater intensity as it thickens.
- It must be thick enough so that later it acquires the hard consistency that we desire. It will take about 45 minutes to achieve the ideal point.
- This time will depend a little on the water that the fruit is releasing, so it will be necessary to check the texture before finishing cooking.
- When when you put a pointed spoon, it almost stays on its feet, the texture will be achieved. During the cooking process we will see how the fruit will darken and take on a dark brown color.
- Once we have the fruit well cooked we will pass the mixer to undo the lumps.
- We pour into the molds or jars where we go to store it. In tupper-type plastic containers, they will be perfectly preserved and will facilitate the removal process.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in this quince jam recipe
Tips for a fluffy quince
- Remember that you can also make this candy easier, the apple candy that you like so much on the blog is a great option.
- If a good quantity of quinces reach your hands, I encourage you to prepare this sweet for the whole year. It is a classic of our pastry that in this case has added the touch of liquor.
- It is well worth preparing at home and having it to accompany with cheese and bread, more traditionally impossible, a yummy dessert.
How do I keep the quince and it lasts up to a year?
- It is convenient to keep it in the fridge. Although with the amount of sugar it has, and as we know it is a natural preservative, it doesn’t hurt to have it in the fridge.
- The quince conservation is very long due to the amount of sugar it has, it will be able to last us for 8 or 9 months without problem. The more sugar the quince has, the longer it will keep and the thicker and more consistent it will be.
How do I unmold the quince to make it look perfect?
- To unmold without breaking it, put the tupper upside down, with the lid on, under the stream of hot water for one minute.
- We dry it well, remove the lid and carefully pass the tip of a knife. Thus we separate the quince from the wall of the tupper, ready to put it on a plate.