- 18 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 0 / person
- 256kcal per 100g.
How to make a chicken and pineapple salad .
If we talk about fresh salad recipes , this combination can not miss at home.
A summer salad where two ingredients go perfectly, chicken and pineapple, as well as chocolate and orange .
Chicken as an ally in my kitchen. It accepts so many ways to prepare, it’s so nutritious, and its meat tastes so good, it’s the basis for many of my countless recipes like this chicken and pineapple salad .
On this occasion we have also added apple to give this dish an acid point.
This chicken recipe is very easy to prepare and ideal as a first meal with friends, even as a unique, refreshing and nutritious dish.
This dish has ingredients that everyone likes and with an original presentation, tropical touches and very light flavors. Especially if you put it directly on the same pineapple, as I suggest in the presentation photo.
I leave you with delicious chicken salad , a tasty, healthy, balanced and refreshing recipe.
An alternative to the traditional chicken salad , served in Venezuela as a Christmas dish. I hope you like it and cheer up with it.
Preparation of chicken and pineapple salad ingredients
- We wash the lettuce with plenty of water. We finely chop it and remove the excess water.
- If you have a salad drainer much better. We do not want to add liquid to the salad.
- We put two pans with water. In one of them we are going to cook the eggs.
- We cover them with cold water and cook 12 minutes from the boil.
- We should not cook them any longer since a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye. With these indications you have to be perfect.
- In this video you can see how we cook the eggs . That way you will be successful the first time. Peel them and once cold cut into cubes. We reserve.
- In the other saucepan we are going to cook the chicken breast. We cook the breast in boiling water for approximately 10 minutes. We remove from the water and cool.
- Next we cut into more or less equal cubes, into pieces of 1 or 2 centimeters. We reserve.
- We wash the apple and chop into small pieces. It will go with skin, you don’t need to peel it.
- Drain the gherkins and chop very finely. We reserve everything.
- We peel the pineapple as you can see in the following video. We do not want the hard part of the pineapple, then cut into cubes.
- We already have all the ingredients to mix.
Mix and final presentation of chicken and pineapple salad
- In a bowl we pour all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper. With your own hands (well cleaned) or two large spoons we mix everything.
- They must come together well so that the flavors of each one are mixed.
- We place the ingredients on the surface of the empty pineapple.
- We prepare a quick pink sauce (only with mayonnaise and ketchup).
- Although if you have time you can make a super special pink or cocktail sauce, as you will see in the next post of pink sauce .
- We cover the salad with the pink sauce using a spoon. We serve cold.
- If you want to give it an optional green and aromatic touch, very finely chop a little chive on top of your salad.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for chicken and pineapple salad . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for a Chicken and Pineapple Salad
- To make this salad tastier, it is convenient to put it in the fridge ½ hour before the meal. This way you will enjoy a combination of delicious and fresh flavors, which is what you like with these heats.
- If you are following a low calorie or low fat diet, you can do without the pink sauce .
- We can accompany this salad with the pink sauce that I recommend or make it a little lighter. You can use a mayonnaise already purchased that is light or light, thus reducing the caloric intake. Although with a homemade mayonnaise the pink sauce is much richer. I leave it to your choice.
- If you want to make a more complete salad you can incorporate roasted chicken. A baked chicken marinated in aromatics such as cloves, cinnamon, ginger, or pepper. You will give your salad a special and festive touch.
- As a presentation suggestion, I advise you to serve it in your own pineapple.