- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.5 € / person
Guests come home and in addition to having little time to cook something very sophisticated, I want to surprise my friends with something fresh and seasonal, pudding or red fruit pudding .
In our dessert recipes you could not miss the pudding or pudding, which has its origin in English cuisine and refers to a type of dessert. Although among its ingredients it usually carries, among others, bread, eggs and fruits, this rule is not strictly followed in its preparation. The ingredients will vary depending on the type of pudding you are going to make. In this case we have eliminated the bread, because the cheese that I have used will give the necessary consistency to the final result of cheese pudding. This dessert admits many variations in its elaboration. I have not chosen this for anything in particular, I just wanted to prepare it like this.
With fresh cheese you get desserts that take away the sense, this cheese pudding is an example, and one of our favorites, sometimes we combine red fruits with dried fruits, it can be varied according to the preferences of each one, but it always comes out great . A very tasty and colorful dessert, thanks to the touch given by red berries. Ideal for after-dinner, breakfast, snack or as the sweet moment of a good meal dessert, in short, what has been a pudding.
It is as rich in cold as it is warm with a few seconds of microwave. This red berry pudding has just the right amount of sugar so it won’t get heavy. If you are very sweet, add a little more. I recommend taking it with red berries, since the acidic contrast of the berries goes great with the cream cheese.
Preparation of pudding or red berry buding
- I prepare the fruits for the base of the mold (this sauce can be replaced by liquid caramel ) In a small saucepan I pour the juice of the orange, half of the red fruits (the rest I reserve) and two tablespoons of sugar. I leave it on medium – high heat (7 of my hob) until it is very thick and the juice is consumed almost in its entirety. I remove from the heat and cover the base of the mold that I am going to use.
- I prepare the pudding: in a very deep container I add the types of cheese, a tablespoon of sugar, the evaporated milk, the 4 egg whites and the lemon zest. Blend well with the mixer until it is perfectly liquid and slightly creamy.
- Next I incorporate the fruits of the forest that I had reserved and integrate them with the previous cream. Mix with a spoon and carefully so that the fruits do not crush (we want the pieces to be seen when cutting)
- Pour into the mold, based on berries that we had already prepared.
- We put the oven with heat down to 200 ° C and the tray completely down. We put the mold in another container (suitable for the oven) with half the water and let it cook in a bain-marie for about 55 minutes or when you prick the pudding you notice the most consistent texture and the skewer comes out almost clean.
- Let cool in the fridge before unmolding.
Serve a generous portion on each plate, you can accompany it with a little sour cream or whipped cream, it is delicious. A soft, refreshing and nutritious dessert, share it with your family and friends.
Tips and recommendations
- If you do not want to make the nut sauce you can add a little sweet caramel at the base of the mold, as in the pudding.
- Another option is to prepare the red fruit sauce and sprinkle over the pudding on the plated. Then we will use the caramel for the base of the mold
- I tell you the alternatives to prepare this dessert. The pudding will be the same for everything, but you can choose between caramel or red fruit sauce. The difference will be in how you are going to decorate the surface of the pudding. Let me explain: If you add caramel to the base of the mold, then you can sprinkle the red fruit sauce in the final plating. This option allows your guests to decide whether or not they want to add the sauce to the pudding.
- The other option is to prepare the sauce and add it to the base of the pan, leaving it. This option allows the ingredients to be integrated with each other. You can see how several types of dessert can be obtained from a single recipe. It is up to you to choose the option that you like the most.
- As for the bain-marie, you can prepare it in the oven or in the vitro. This time I have done it in the oven due to the size of the dessert. Being so large, it did not have an appropriate container for the size of the vitro, in any case it will be delicious. With that said, how about we get down to business?
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .