- 30 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.35 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make cream cookies . Perhaps, those of you who are a certain age, may have lived through the time when, even in the cities, the milkmaid passed by with his aluminum jugs filled with fresh milk that he distributed throughout the houses.
Maybe it’s because of being from a small city, but I have that memory perfectly clear. In addition to enjoying a milk that was little like what we drink now, there was something that I really loved, the cream cookies .
My grandmother cooked the milk and was collecting for several days the cream that was created on its surface. When there was an interesting quantity it said: ” well, now that we do, cake or cookies” .
The recipe sweet today is the same as my grandmother used to prepare those cookies with the only exception, and not unimportant, of the cream . Although I have made them with commercial cream, which anyone can find in the supermarket, they will always be better with real fresh cream.
Cookies with an intense dairy flavor but with a soft and delicate touch. One of the dessert that I remember from my childhood and that I was transferred to Galicia. Perhaps one of my favorites, rivaling crisp chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, or delicious hazelnut cookies .
The result is soft, creamy and sweet cookies , which, despite not being exactly the same, deserve a very high note, I am sure you will like them.
Preparation of the cream cookies
- In a bowl we mix the flour, the yeast and the salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with the sugar until a cream is formed. Add the cream and mix well.
- We incorporate the dry ingredients and with a fork we begin to integrate the ingredients. We are going to have a sticky and unwieldy dough.
- We form a ball and leave it in the fridge for no less than 1 hour.
- We remove the dough from the fridge and cut it into 3 portions. We flour the work surface well.
- With a rolling pin we stretch the dough until it is half a cm. thick. We can use a couple of sticks as a guide to support the roller. That way we will never drop below that thickness and the cookies will all come out similar.
- It is essential that we periodically flour the work surface and the rolling pin so that the dough does not stick to the counter. Since this dough has a quite sticky texture.
- Another possibility would be to increase the proportion of flour in the initial ingredients. This is an option that I do not recommend as we will have a much harder cookie in the final result.
Shape. Baking and final presentation of the cream cookies
- Once we have the dough stretched to the desired thickness, we cut the cookies with the cutter we want. If we don’t have cookie cutters, with a glass we could work the same way.
- We preheat the oven to 180º C.
- While the oven is preheating, we are placing the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes. Each oven is a world so we must see when they begin to brown so that they do not burn. The time depends on each oven, you can try before with a batch of cookies.
- We remove the cookies for a rack until they have cooled. We continue the process until we finish the cookie dough. The batches that are necessary.
- A very easy cookie recipe that can be made with children, just like my mother did with us. They are cookies that are prepared in a plis plas and that do not have many ingredients, with an intense creamy flavor.
The ideal is to make them with the cream, removing it from the milk. That capita that my mother took away from us because we didn’t like it, but that after a week turned into cookies.
With very little time and less work we can enjoy some great cream cookies like the ones of a lifetime.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.