- 240 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 340kcal per 100g.
How to make saloons stuffed with chocolate.
The saloons are a type of bun that is a cousin of the popular donut , just that they do not have hole in the center and carry some type of filler and coverage.
In this case the saloons are filled and covered in chocolate .
As if that were not enough, sprinkled with shavings. Chocolate everywhere, a feast.
About them I cannot say the same thing that I told you about the donuts or the creamy seeds (also very similar but elongated), of which I keep infinite memories. A dessert from childhood.
I discovered them later, but I liked them instantly. It was love at first sight. And is there perhaps someone who does not like this type of sweet?
If it happens to you like me and you are fans of the saloons, but at the same time nothing can make you more excited than preparing them yourself, this is your recipe.
Berlin filled with chocolate to enjoy the kitchen and a delicious snack!
Preparation of dough for saloons
- In a large bowl, mix the force flour with the dry baker’s yeast and make a hole in the center.
- We beat the egg and put it in the hole along with the orange blossom water and sugar.
- With a fork or with your fingertips, we remove these ingredients trying not to incorporate any flour.
- When they are well mixed add the milk, little by little, while stirring as we have done before.
- Although at this time we begin to incorporate flour from the edges.
- Next we add the salt and mix all the ingredients of the bowl until obtaining a dense and homogeneous mass.
- We dump the dough on the counter, crush it lightly and add the butter in small globs.
- We fold the dough on itself, leaving the butter inside, and work until it stops sticking to our hands.
- Do not be tempted to add more flour as the dough will become less sticky and more elastic over time. It is a matter of patience.
- When the dough is smooth and homogeneous, we make a ball and place it in a wide container lightly floured.
- We cover with a clean cloth and let it rise in a dry place and away from drafts. The oven, for example, is a good place.
Kneading and shape of the saloons
- The dough should double in volume with rest, the time necessary for this will depend on the ambient temperature. It can be an hour or more. Again, you have to be patient.
- When the dough has grown, gently crush with your fingers to degas.
- Then we dump it on the floured work surface and gently stretch it with the help of a roller until it has a height of about 2 cm.
- With a cutter for pasta or cookies we cut circles out of the dough and place each one on a square of baking paper.
- Depending on the diameter they will come out more or less. We have used a 5.8 cm and we have about 30.
- We gather the excess dough and repeat the operation, that is, we stretch it and cut more circles.
- We repeat as many times as necessary. We can let the dough rest for a few minutes if we notice that it is not easily stretched.
- Again we cover, this time the circles of dough, with a clean cloth and let stand until they double their volume.
- In this case, as they are smaller portions of dough, the waiting time will be shorter.
Frying the saloons
- When the doughs have grown and are ready, heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan and fry them on both sides.
- The oil temperature must be mild, not to exceed 160º C.
- So that the masses do not deform, we take each one by the paper base and put them in the oil.
- Then the masses will be peeled from their corresponding papers and we can use tweezers to remove them.
- We turn the saloons with a slotted spoon until they are lightly browned.
- Then we remove them and let drain the excess oil on a source with absorbent paper.
- Let cool before filling.
Filling and preparing the chocolate coating
- For the filling we place an elongated nozzle and with the small smooth hole inside a pastry bag.
- Fill with the cocoa cream and hazelnuts.
- We nailed the nozzle on one side of the saloon, until almost reaching the opposite end.
- We press the pastry bag gently while removing it.
- We repeat the operation with the rest of the sedans.
- For the coverage, we chop the chocolate and place it in a microwave-safe container.
- We melt in the micro to short strokes of heat, 30 seconds, stirring occasionally so that the heat is distributed well.
- Let it warm a little before bathing the saloons with it, wetting only the upper part.
Final presentation of the stuffed saloons
- We place the saloons on a metal grid.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and let the topping cool before consuming.
If you do not want to miss the detail of this recipe for berlin filled with chocolate , be sure to see this album step by step.
Tips for perfect chocolate filled saloons
- An essential ingredient in the elaboration of these saloons is patience, since it is a recipe that requires waiting times and the rush is its enemies. It cannot be accelerated. Therefore, do them only when you have time for it.
- Although the process we explain is manual, for the kneading you can use an electric mixer or another type of robot. It makes the task much easier.
- It is necessary to knead the leftover dough well after cutting the first circles. Ideally, let this new dough relax a bit, so we recommend that you let it sit for about 10 minutes before spreading to cut more circles. It will be much easier and they will be better.
- We have made the filling with cocoa cream and hazelnuts, which is easier and faster, but with a chocolate ganache these saloons are to die for pleasure. They can also be filled with pastry cream, applesauce, lemon cream or jam, among other alternatives.
- It is not necessary that the nozzle that you use for the filling is long, although it helps a lot with the task and the filling goes further.
- If you want larger saloons, you can use a larger cutter. You will get less, yes.
- It is important to control the temperature of the oil well so that the saloons are not raw on the inside or snatched on the outside. A pastry thermometer comes from pearls.
- So that the oil temperature does not drop too much, it is advisable to fry the saloons three by three or four by four. The number will depend on the size of the same.