- 35 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to make a lemon cake without oven . Do you like the taste of citrus? Are you passionate about lemon? This is your dessert, lemon tart, we are in a perfect time to prepare this seasonal tart .
Don’t tell me that your mouth doesn’t water, the fresh and sour lemon sensation but with a sweet balance of condensed milk and whipped cream. If also part of the cake is a crispy cookie … uff, for me it is almost perfect.
This dessert is sent to me by my friend Monica and she has also adapted it so that her celiac mother can eat it. We have only had to replace the cookies with gluten-free ones.
In this cake I have used neutral gelatin sheets to thicken the cake cold. It is very practical when preparing cakes and has a very pleasant texture. I leave you with this venial dessert, you will see how you will not regret falling into temptation.
Preparation of the lemon tart cookie base
- We spread a very thin layer of butter in the mold. We melt the rest of the butter using the microwave, so it is faster. With the mincer we crush the cookies.
- If you are celiac they must be gluten-free, you can find them in almost all supermarkets. If you did not have a grinder, in a kitchen cloth we throw the cookies, wrap and crush them with a spoon or something heavy, it is not so fine but it serves the same. It should look like breadcrumbs.
- We mix the melted butter with the crushed cookies.
- We distribute and distribute on the base of a removable mold. Press against the bottom with the help of a spoon or with your fingers and put in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
Preparation of lemon cream
- We hydrate the neutral gelatin sheets by soaking them for a few minutes in warm water. Follow the tips at the end of the recipe.
- We start assembling the cream or milk cream. We are going to need 200 ml of cream or milk cream to assemble.
- We will assemble the cream without sugar because this dessert has condensed milk and the base of cookies is already sweet. I use the mixer with the electric rods accessory since it is more comfortable than with manual rods.
- We use a large bowl. If it is cold much better, like cream or milk cream that must come out of the fridge.
- Why cold? The cream is fat and if it gets hot it loses consistency, if it is not cold it will be difficult for it to rise as we want, if it rises. The ideal temperature is around 10º C.
- Add the cold cream to the bowl and beat until it goes liquid to a kind of cream, with a little foam. This process will take us 3-4 minutes, nothing more. We reserve.
- Add the condensed milk to a bowl with the juice of the lemons.
- We put the whole milk in a saucepan and boil 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the gelatine sheets that we have already hydrated.
- In a bowl pour the condensed milk and the juice of the lemons. We combine everything with the milk with the gelatin until everything is well mixed. It should be a homogeneous, creamy and not too foamy mixture.
- It is time to introduce the whipped cream and we must integrate without lowering the mixture. Once we have the cream ready we add it little by little on the base of cookies.
Final presentation of the lemon tart
- We put in the fridge carefully for at least 5 hours until all the cream is firm. The best thing is that it stays overnight in the fridge, the next day you will have a perfectly curd lemon tart.
- We cover the surface and sides of the cake as you like, in this case with colored edible confetti. If you want to give citrus a greater touch, you can confit the skin of some lemon and decorate it.
- As a final touch you can add some delicious rich raspberries to give it a touch of color and a greater fruit flavor. Try other combinations with fruit according to the season: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries … And voilá! the cake is already done.
A lemon tart that will delight at home, I recommend that you prepare it with other citrus fruits and that you tune it to taste at home. You can see in this step by step how to prepare this lemon tart without oven.
Recommendations with leaf gelatin
- The gelatin leaves should be soaked in cold water for 3 minutes. The leaves do not dissolve, but they soften and hydrate. After this time, you have to take them with your hands and squeeze them gently. Then proceed as indicated in the recipe, generally adding it to a hot liquid and stirring for complete dissolution.
- The gelatin sheets I usually use come in bags of 9 units. You may need some more depending on the size of the gelatin sheet depending on the brand you use.