- Very easy
- 75 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.45 € / person
- 295kcal per 100g.
How to make a fresh baked cheesecake . This is one of those dessert recipes that is a clear example that you don’t have to be a pro cooker to make a delicious homemade cake.
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like a good dessert and of course they won’t be happy if when they come home with a meal they appear with a homemade dessert. In this case you can look great for little money and work. In addition to being a cake with cheap ingredients. The mixer and oven are all the work, you just have to mix the ingredients and that’s it.
If you are starting in this of the confectionery, this is your first quesada to your style , that cheesecake that we have all made as children. A cake that you would then ask your mother for any celebration. You see that without much knowledge of cooking, with just a little time and attitude, we can prepare desserts and yummy desserts. A cake with a smooth cheese flavor with a consistency similar to that of a pudding that when you start you do not leave a crumb on the plate.
In my family, any occasion is good to gather in front of a table full of good meats, even more so if it is in my village in Ourense and I am with mine. Without a doubt the cake that triumphed in our last family meal was the quesada or cheese cake. A dessert that my sister Nuria prepared with my mother’s recipe. One of those cheesecake recipes that he has written down in a notebook full of delicious things and that most of the time we have to ask him because we don’t understand his handwriting.
This is his recipe that is already in our family recipe book, very similar but not the same as the authentic northern pasie cheese . With some nuances, but that already belongs to all of you, here we are not left with any secrets. Family heritage I enjoyed all the larpeiros and not so much, easy desserts just yummy.
Baked cheesecake preparation
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until they double in volume. When they are like this we add the condensed milk, the wheat flour and the baking powder or yeast. We mix everything with a mixer, gathering the ingredients.
- Add the fresh cheese, the cream or milk cream and the vanilla essence to the previous bowl, beat again with a mixer or a few rods until there are no lumps.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C 10 minutes before baking our fresh cheese cake.
- We pour the mixture into a container previously greased with butter as long as the mold is not silicone.
Baking the cheese
- We put the quesada in the oven. With the option of heat up and down, in the middle tray of the same at 190º C for about 60 minutes.
- As I mentioned in some other recipe, it all depends on the oven. Always look with a fork and when it is dry, remove.
- A little advice, cover the quesada with silver or aluminum foil so that the top does not burn. You remove it when there are 15 minutes of cooking so that we have a golden appearance.
- Remember that in baking times it also depends a lot on the mold you use. This is 20 cm. in diameter, so the cake takes a little longer in the center than with a larger diameter mold. With one of 22 or 23 cm, you will surely have to subtract 10 minutes from cooking.
- It is recommended to prick the cake with a fork or toothpick and see if it offers resistance and see if it comes out clean, so you will not have surprises with this cake. I assure you that it comes out the first time, it is very easy.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the quesada recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Recommendations for the presentation of our cheese
- Let cool for a few hours in the fridge. This dessert is much better the next day very cold. You can leave it prepared the day before for any meal or even as a base for a slightly more elaborate dessert. We unmold.
- Although this dessert is only delicious, we can finish it as a decoration by sprinkling with icing sugar.
- Also a good layer of honey (my favorite ingredient) or some fruit jam / jam that we like. The one with blueberries or raspberries will not be painted.
- This fresh baked cheesecake can be tasted cold or warm, almost shortly after leaving the oven. In any case, we will have a traditional and delicious homemade dessert.
- A dessert that everyone loves cheese, with a slight flavor to your favorite cheese, more or less strong. Very popular for its ease, just whisk and baked. What more could you want!
Be sure to enjoy all the different desserts with cheese on the blog. I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to prepare at home without effort and succeed.
Tips and trivia for a yummy quesada
- This is not the original recipe for the quesada, it is a version that emerged from the traditional one. You can even tune it more, for example adding a little cinnamon powder on the surface.
- So we can enhance its flavor or by introducing apple slices when it is halfway through cooking in the oven. I assure you that the mixture of the two flavors is impressive.
- As I mentioned, this quesada is perfect. Even richer, when it has been prepared at least a day or two in advance. It makes all the flavors come together much better.
- Although my sister has told me that she adds yeast, don’t think it goes up a lot. It is a fairly compact dessert, in case you don’t have it you can make it without it.
- We can flavor it with a touch of citrus zest. The lemon does very well and a little ground cinnamon. It will remind you a little more of the traditional quesada pasiega.
- The ingredients of the recipe are for a 20 cm round oven container. diameter. So it comes out a little higher than normal. But you can use the container you have at home.
- Remember that if the container is smaller the quesada will come out higher. Logically you will need a little more oven time. On the contrary if it is larger, it will be finer and therefore less oven time.
- Likewise, if the mold is made of glass, it will mold less, so spread the base of the container with a little butter. This way you make sure to extract it easily once baked.
- Use the one you have at home, I have prepared it with a silicone one and it is just as good. In addition, it does not need to be a very tall container since the quesada rises little.