- 35 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 405kcal per 100g.
How to make chocolate with churros at home .
There is no breakfast or snack bar where you cannot order some churros or porras with chocolate.
Today I show you how to prepare the duo so fantastic that these small portions of fried dough form, crispy on the outside and sponge on the inside, perfect churros for a breakfast or snack accompanied by a good hot chocolate.
Straight churros , in bow or stick , for me the straight ones (more homemade) are the best to accompany with a hot chocolate to the cup .
I definitely recommend that you buy a churrera (you have them from € 10), it is the best way to compress the dough to avoid problems when frying, it does not allow air bubbles to form. The best investment, without a doubt, and if it is like my mother’s, it will go from mothers to children.
With care and kneading well beforehand, you will also make some classy churros.
Preparation of the churros dough
- We put the flour in a wide bowl. In a saucepan, heat the water with the salt.
- When it starts to boil, pour it directly and all at once on the flour.
- With a wooden spoon we integrate the flour with the water. We will have a very sticky and quite compact dough.
- Now we are going to introduce this mass in a churrera. This step is essential so that the churros come out well and you do not have problems with them when it comes to frying.
- The churrera compacts the dough and removes the air. This prevents the churros then jump in the oil. So it is a very important step.
- We are making the churros portions with the raw dough on a kitchen cloth.
- Then, we put a pan on the fire with plenty of very soft olive oil or sunflower oil.
Frying and presentation of homemade churros
- When it is hot we introduce the portions of dough to fry.
- Before frying, measure the temperature of the oil (if possible), between 195º and 200º C for churros or 230º C for porras .
- We cook over medium heat to avoid that the churros remain raw inside. Be very careful when frying as in most fried foods, croquettes, breaded fillets, pestiños…, they can jump. Although if the dough is very compact, that problem will not happen to you.
- Once fried, remove to a tray with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
Hot chocolate preparation and presentation
- We heat the milk in a saucepan. If we are going to use a very powerful chocolate, at this point we add the touch of sugar to sweeten the milk.
- Add the chocolate and a point of salt. If we want it with a flavored touch, it would be time to add the cinnamon stick or the vanilla.
- Stir with a wooden spoon or a few rods, until the cocoa is well integrated while it melts.
- If we do not have much time, we can slice the chocolate previously with a knife on a table. In this way we accelerate the process.
- When it begins to boil, remove it from the heat and let it stop bubbling.
- It will be ready, but if you want it to have more consistency, you can put it back on the fire until it starts to boil again. Again it is removed and you can serve it. This way it is thicker. Take care that it does not burn.
- We serve the chocolate accompanied by some freshly made churros sprinkled with white sugar or powdered sugar.
A delicious way to have your own churros at home. You can see all the photos of the step by step in this recipe recipe for chocolate with homemade churros .