- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make potato fritters.
The fritters are one of the candy recipes more traditional of our gastronomy rich.
Basically they consist of a spongy dough that is fried in abundant oil until golden. In some regions , cream-filled fritters are prepared and in others we will even find it salty, such as these cod fritters .
It is a dessert that triumphs on All Saints, Christmas, Carnivals and Easter .
Although we can find it in pastry shops in Spain throughout the year. You can even cheer up with Menorcan fritters , which only have sweet potatoes, also delicious.
Although it may seem very difficult to achieve that characteristic spherical shape, if the ingredients are mixed properly in the exact proportions and above all, time is allowed for the dough to grow.
Success is assured; In just a while and with the simplest ingredients we will have prepared a delicious snack that will delight everyone.
By the way, it is very important that once they are fried we do not sprinkle them with sugar unless they are going to be consumed immediately or they will lose their appetizing appearance.
So hands to the dough (this is a recipe that is prepared mainly with our fingers) and for that classic of our kitchen.
Preparation of the potato fritter dough
- We wash the sweet potato and the potato, we cook them together in a saucepan with a lot of water (a minimum of 30 minutes).
- We remove them from the fire and let them temper. We peel them and go through a pastry to a large bowl. In the half glass of water we undo the yeast tablet with the help of our hands, we put it all in the bowl and mix well with our fingers.
- Incorporate the eggs without beating and mix with your hands until you have a uniform mass.
- We throw the flour in three times while we are stirring with our fingers until we have mixed everything very well.
- We cover the dough with a dry cloth and let it grow at room temperature for at least an hour. You must increase its size at least twice.
Frying and final presentation of potato fritters
- In a high frying pan pour the liter of frying oil.
- When the oil is very hot, take a portion of the dough in the left palm and wet the fingers of the right hand in a glass with water and dissolved salt.
- We squeeze the dough with the left hand letting the excess come out between the index and thumb fingers. With the fingers of the right hand we take a piece of dough the size of a small walnut.
- We fry the donuts being very careful not to burn them. The oil that we have in the pan we put it over medium high heat without it getting to smoke. Pour it in the oil and repeat until the portion of dough is finished.
- Carefully turn them over with the help of a fork or kitchen tongs. When the fritters are fried, remove them from the oil to a source with kitchen paper so that they release the excess oil.
- It is important because after all the work we do not want them to pass us or remain raw inside. We continue like this until we finish the dough and let them cool.
- We fry in batches of few fritters, so that the oil does not get too cold.
- When serving, we set aside a few fritters and sprinkle sugar on them.
They are great accompanied by a coffee with milk or even with a good chocolate as if they were delicious churros .
Take advantage of all the variety of desserts that we have on the blog. If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for potato fritters . Do not miss any detail.