- 30 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make chocolate cookies .
Today I bring you the very sweet recipe for some very special cookies, chocolate sablé cookies .
The word sablé means sandblasting in French, and that’s the best way to describe this type of cookie. It is a fragile and very crunchy dough that easily crumbles into sand or crumbs.
You will find other types of chocolate cookies on the blog, but I assure you that these are with a French touch that make them delicious.
This type of pasta, of French origin, specifically from the Norman area, which is used both for cookies and for pie or tart bases.
It has no more ingredients than flour, butter and sugar. From these we can flavor it with cocoa, extracts, lemon and even add an egg.
Legend has it that the Marquise de Sablé (Souvre) took these cookies to the court of Louis XIV. The monarch and his family found them so good that they asked the famous Vatel, maitre d ‘at the Grand Condé hotel, to prepare them for breakfast daily.
From that moment on they were minted as sablé cookies in honor of the marquise. Whether or not the story tells, these cookies are worthy of the best diner.
And in the case of those that I have prepared for you today, since it has an important chocolate flavor, the best chocolate eater, a marvel, I assure you.
Preparation of the chocolate sablé cookies
- In a bowl we mix the dry ingredients, the flour, the bicarbonate, the salt and the cocoa powder. We reserve.
- In another bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until it forms a cream.
- It is essential that the butter has an ointment texture to be able to work it, for this we must be careful to leave it out of the fridge in advance.
- If we have not done so we can always leave it for a few seconds in the micro to soften it.
- We combine both mixtures, the solids and the butter in the same bowl and add the chocolate that we will have chopped or grated.
- Mix well with the help of a fork until the ingredients combine well. We finish the process by compacting the dough with our hands until we make a ball.
- We place the dough on a transparent plastic paper and shape it into a curler with your hands.
- We can make one or more curlers. We wrap with the plastic paper and turn them on itself until it is like an elongated candy.
Shape and bake. Final presentation of chocolate cookies
- We have to take into account that these cookies will grow during baking. So I advise you to take into account this information when deciding on the thickness of the roll.
- We store the packaged dough in the fridge for a few hours, until it has completely hardened.
- We remove the dough from the fridge and with a knife we cut the dough discs that we place on a parchment paper in a baking tray. The thickness of these discs should be around half a centimeter.
- We place the cookies separately on the tray as they will grow in the oven.
- Bake with the oven on the central tray previously heated to 180º C for 10 or 12 minutes.
- We remove the tray from the oven and transfer the sablé cookies to a rack with great care since they will still be soft until they cool completely.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes.
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for chocolate sablé cookies . Do not miss any detail and they will be perfect.