- 20 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 254kcal per 100g.
How to make a chocolate mousse .
The dessert recipe today is one of the classics, not only in the French pastries, whence, but any gastro repertoire.
From that first recipe written in 1755, by the French chef Menón, until today, it has already rained.
Although nowadays we usually find ourselves with the same name, different preparations, the classic chocolate mousse has basic and simple ingredients present in any kitchen.
Eggs, chocolate, butter and sugar, combined, form a perfect dessert for very chocolatiers. I assure you that success is guaranteed, as well as in the orange chocolate mousse .
You will see that among the ingredients that I am telling you is not gelatin. To prepare a mousse, in fact, gelatin is not necessary.
They will be the whites to the point of snow , converted into meringue thanks to the sugar, which will give the mousse its characteristic airy and foamy texture.
The result of this recipe is a chocolate dessert with chocolate flavor, a light and tasty foam that will delight the sweet tooth of the house.
Preparation of the chocolate to make the mousse
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double boiler. We must maintain the average temperature and stir constantly.
- When we see that the chocolate is almost melted and we turn off the fire.
- We continue stirring until the chocolate has completely melted.
- The residual heat will be enough for us to have a smooth and shiny chocolate cream.
- We reserve until the chocolate has been tempered.
Clear to snow point and final presentation of the chocolate mousse
- We separate the whites from the yolks of eggs. We reserve the yolks for the cream and the whites to mount later.
- When the chocolate cream is warm (it should never be hot), add the yolks, one by one, beating to integrate them into the chocolate.
- It is essential that the chocolate is not very hot, since the yolk would curdle and we do not want that. We reserve.
- The next step is to mount the egg whites until stiff, with a pinch of salt (3 g. Is enough) and the sugar.
- We begin to add the sugar to the mounted whites. We will do it in several batches, beating well until we get a bright meringue and no traces of the sugar grains.
- In a bowl we put the chocolate cream. And we add, little by little, the mounted whites, mixing it with enveloping movements, to maintain the air of the meringue, which is what will give the texture to the mousse.
- When we have the homogeneous mixture, we serve the mousse in individual containers. Before putting on the table, they should cool for at least 2-3 hours.
It is a classic dessert that chocolate lovers will love. Its airy texture and flavor will be a sure success.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the album of this chocolate mousse recipe . Follow the photos and you will get a yummy mousse.
Tips for a yummy chocolate mousse
- We keep the chocolate mousse in the fridge until it is served, no less than 2 hours. It is important that we consume it the same day or, at most, from one day to the next if the weather is cold. When carrying raw egg, we must take extreme precautions.
- This recipe allows a little variation. We can substitute butter for cream, so we will have a slightly less intense chocolate flavor, but an equally tasty result.
- It is important to note that it is a dessert that must be eaten the same day of its preparation. When including egg in its elaboration, and going this practically raw, we must keep special care at the time of its conservation until the moment of its consumption, always in cold.
- Among the dessert recipes with chocolate, mousse is one of my favorites. In the blog you can find chocolate mousse with shiny glaze , mousse of chocolate hazelnut mousse chocolate orange , and white chocolate mousse with pistachios. Don’t tell me you don’t have a choice.