- 55 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make a cake of walnuts.
What do you think of this walnut cake? Appetizing right? One of the dessert recipes that he had a snack many afternoons when he was a dwarf.
It is a very easy cake that takes just 10 minutes to prepare the cream and another 45 to cook in the oven. You can accompany it with a good cup of coffee or tea, and on the desktop with any very cool liquor that you have on hand.
We must make homemade cakes and stop using so much industrial pastries. Occasionally, making one home-style helps you better control what you eat at home. It is a small way to start changing habits at home and eat better on a daily basis.
This recipe is full of tricks and tips to make it perfect for you. Following the measurements and step by step you will get a sponge cake that comes out spongy and well baked.
The most important points to keep in mind for a cake to come out well are the ingredients and measures, the baking and its preservation. I hope you like it and cheer up with this cake so easy.
Preparation of the walnut cake
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until a small foam comes out and when they are well we will add the milk (better that it is whole).
- Mix the yeast with the flour and put it in the previous bowl, beat again. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In the same bowl we add the zest of half a lemon, a pinch of salt, half a tablespoon of soluble coffee and the liquid butter.
- We beat everything until there are no lumps.
- We pour the previous mixture in a container greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- Just before putting it in the oven, add the nuts with a spoon. So that they do not fall to the bottom of the mold, we must flour them.
- Sprinkle with a little ground cinnamon. Half a teaspoon dessert is enough.
Baking and final presentation of the walnut cake
- The oven must be turned on long enough for it to reach the ideal temperature. About 15 minutes depending on the oven and the temperature needed. We will preheat to 190º C.
- The baking time logically varies depending on the thickness and size that the mold we use will give us.
- We bake it at 170º C for about 45 minutes with heat up and down. On the rack that is halfway up so that the heat is uniform, this will not overheat the base.
- If you don’t have a grid use the tray. We should not open the oven until the cake is well raised and golden.
- If you want it to be left with a sweet crust, when the cake takes 1/2 hour we add two tablespoons of sugar through the cracks on the surface. Those that form when it breaks when climbing.
- We leave the other quarter of an hour in the oven with normal cooking.
- Move carefully to help separate it from the walls, unmold and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the cake is completely cold we can put it on a plate or tray.
- We can put it in a food-safe bag. Taking care that it is well closed to preserve it for more days and that it does not stay dry.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes .
You can see all the step by step photos of the recipe for this walnut cake in this album. Do not miss any detail and they will be perfect, come on, repeat over and over again.
Tips for a yummy nut cake
- It is a dessert that we have been preparing for many years, the result of practice and our own experience. One more that will serve as a reference to adapt them to your kitchens and tune it with what you like best.
- I hope you like it and dare to make this cake so easy. Pistachios, some chopped almonds or the dried fruit that you like the most are also great.
- To give it more aroma and color, we can optionally sprinkle a little cinnamon (it is more to give it color than its flavor or aroma).
- For baking we recommend using the typical plum cake. Measurements are those of a 24 cm rectangular mold. You can also use this mold to make the classic narrower bread, mixed with seeds, wholemeal bread, even a pudding or yummy pudding.
- Once out of the oven, be careful not to burn yourself. Let the mold temper a little.