- 20 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.9 / person
When I prepare chocolate mousse I assure you that people who have not seen for a long time appear at home, I do not know if there is any elf out there that warns them or something like that. The so-called effect of chocolate is more powerful than Ax deodorant, to see if any advertiser comes up with one with the aroma given off by this recipe. Lately I am changing the orange mousse that I usually prepare to give it a more chocolatey, more intense and nutty touch. The flavor is very reminiscent of the nocilla , although in a spongy format with those tiny bubbles that the whipped egg whites, cream and gelatin make. I think I’m on the right track, right? Keep reading.
For hundreds of years, chocolate (probably the most delicious food) has seduced millions of people around the world. I think if I do a survey among everyone I know, 99% would go for dessert today, I’m sure. Elegant, creamy, splendid, whimsical, delicious … I am left without qualifications for this cold dessert. It is also surprisingly fast and easy to prepare, the only thing that may seem more complicated is the meringue but you will see that it has no science as long as you have a mixer with rods. Another advantage is that it can be prepared in advance, even several days in advance, allowing you to spend more time with your guests if this is the dessert for a special occasion. In this case, I think that the only last minute requirement would be to add the chopped hazelnuts, thus avoiding that they do not soften.
What are you waiting for? Get your hands on the chocolate and as always I say: ” Put a little piece of dark chocolate every day in your life .” Many studies tell us that consumers of chocolate and other sweets appear to have a lower death rate compared to non-candy eaters. Increase libido to the staff, remove depression, raise our spirits, after a chocolate life changes. It helps the heart, it has components called flavonoids that help prevent congestion of the arteries and thus help prevent heart attacks and strokes. It is not the perfect dessert but it is dangerously close to 99%.
Preparation of the Chocolate Mousse with hazelnuts
- We chose the chocolate to use, experts say that the best chocolate to make a mousse is a Grand Cru from Central America, I use 70% cocoa. Chop the chocolate, the finer it is the better it will melt.
- Add the chopped chocolate and heat in a bain-marie over low heat, almost lukewarm, continuing to stir with the rods until we obtain a smooth and homogeneous cream. We should not heat the chocolate more than necessary, 3-4 minutes is enough. We remove from the fire and let it temper. Add the chopped butter and beat again with the rods.
- Heat the liquid cream without boiling, 2-3 minutes over medium heat. We add the previous chocolate cream. We beat with rods. We reserve.
- I have bought toasted hazelnuts, so if you buy them without toasting, you have to pass them first through the pan over medium heat, without burning them. Chop until it is almost like flour, we reserve for the end of the recipe.
- Let’s go with the most complicated step of this recipe: gelatin . We empty the content of medium on neutral gelatin powder into a bowl that is dry and add a little water mixed with hot milk. We remove until its complete dissolution, the best is with a few rods or with the mixer, it has to be well integrated.
- Add the glass of liquid with the gelatin to the chocolate cream. We beat with an electric mixer until there is a uniform, homogeneous and smooth mixture. In any recipe that contains gelatin, there must be no lump, if it does not solidify badly and the texture will not be what we want.
- We beat the egg whites until stiff, the trick for them to mount without problem is to use a bowl without any remaining fat, keep the egg whites at room temperature and add the powdered sugar once the pinch of salt has been added.
- We handle this meringue with a silicone spatula and add the previous cream with wrapping movements from the bottom up to prevent it from dismounting. This step must be done smoothly and without haste, only with patience will the mousse be good.
- You can also whip cream, it will be creamier but with less chocolate flavor. I did not add it because I wanted an intense chocolate flavor, but I leave it to your liking.
- We put the mousse in individual glass containers, as you can see in the photos, I keep the yogurt containers because they are perfect for this type of homemade dessert, but you can do it in any container you like. We keep in the fridge and it must rest for at least two hours. Once the gelatin starts to work we put the mousse in the freezer for another hour.
- We decorate by sprinkling with the hazelnuts that we have chopped previously, the combination of this dried fruit with chocolate is beastly. You can add it above or in the base of the container, as you like.
- And remember that for us not to get any strange odor in the fridge you have to cover it with transparent film or aluminum foil. If you are going to have the dessert for several days in the fridge, it is better to add the hazelnuts just before eating it, thus avoiding the softening of the dried fruit.
To enjoy! There is usually nothing left over, I assure you.