- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 220kcal per 100g.
How to make nougat mousse.
The nougat we like in all its forms and versions, especially the soft nougat Jijona .
It is delicious on its own, but it is also an excellent ingredient to prepare recipes like this nougat mousse . A different way to consume Christmas candy par excellence and go out of the norm.
At home we have taken advantage of our favorite Christmas nougat to prepare this dessert that is not only quick and easy, but also delicious.
This recipe will allow us to make, in the blink of an eye, a Christmas dessert par excellence with the silky and almond touch of the soft almond nougat.
We can play with the presentation and use individual containers, so that each diner has their portion in mini format, or place the mousse in a large bowl and distribute on the table. It is great for some red fruits , due to the contrast of flavor they provide, and some chopped almonds to add texture.
Be that as it may, you present it and serve it, be sure to try this mousse whose nougat flavor is perfectly perceptible, but which at no time becomes cloying or excessively sweet. A dessert that everyone will like, delicious.
Preparation of the base of the nougat mousse
- We start by hydrating the gelatin leaves in a bowl with cold water for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and, before it boils, remove from the heat and add the drained gelatin leaves.
- We stir to incorporate (they will not take long because, when it comes into contact with the heat, it melts immediately).
- Next we add the Jijona nougat previously chopped and crush with an arm mixer until obtaining a homogeneous cream.
- With the help of metal rods we mount the egg whites until stiff and reserve in the fridge.
Assemble the cream and join the nougat
- We also mount the cream , which must be very cold or it will not mount.
- Add a tablespoon of the nougat cream to the cream and stir gently, with enveloping movements. We repeat the operation.
- Then we add the previous mixture to the container with the rest of the whipped cream and stir gently until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
Final preparation and assembly of the nougat mousse
- We beat the whites with electric rods and, when they begin to foam, add the sugar little by little, in the form of rain, without stopping beating.
- We stop beating when they have reached the snow point.
- We incorporate the whipped egg whites into the container with the nougat and cream mixture, stir gently so that the air from the shake is not lost and, when we obtain a homogeneous mixture, we divide it into four glasses or cups.
- We take the glasses to the fridge and let them take body for an hour before consuming.
We decorate to taste, either with some nougat dice of jijona, fruit, chopped almond or whatever we like best. They can also be served as is.
Be sure to enjoy all the desserts and sweets that we offer you in the special Christmas recipes .
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for Christmas nougat mousse . Do not miss any detail so that they come out of you delicious.
Tips for a perfect nougat mousse
- In order for the gelatin to take on consistency and acquire texture, it is very important that it does not boil when added to milk, otherwise it loses its gelatinizing power.
- We can serve the mousses in individual glasses or in a large bowl and distribute on the table. The first option seems more fun and comfortable.
- In case you have nougat tablets after Christmas in the pantry, with this nougat mousse recipe it is easy to get them out. It is a recipe of use in all the rule.
- These nougat mousses hold up very well in the fridge, so they can be prepared in advance and avoid the rush and stress the day they want to serve as a dessert.