- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.2 € / person
- 256kcal per 100g.
How to make chocolate soufflé . For several years I wanted to prepare a chocolate soufflé that was completely trustworthy to succeed with my girl, a passionate about chocolate. And I think this dessert recipe has triumphed in style, I have already prepared it several times.
In any case, its preparation consists of using beaten egg whites that swell in the oven. At first glance it is nothing more than a dough made with chocolate, butter, sugar, cocoa and egg whites, inflated by the effect created by the hot air trapped inside when baked. When it comes out of the oven it has a swollen presence and usually drops after 20 or 30 minutes, although then it does not present its best appearance, its flavor is still exquisite.
In addition to desserts you can find countless recipes with both sweet and savory ingredients, cheese soufflés are vice, everything depends on the imagination of each to make them to your liking. Let yourself succumb to the classic chocolate soufflé , a real temptation for chocolate lovers and a sure success at any lunch or dinner. I hope you dare to prepare them at home.
Preparation of the cream for the chocolate soufflés
- We choose the chocolate to use, the one you like the most, but the chocolate must have at least 70% cocoa. We will support it with cocoa powder, so we get a greater chocolate flavor and we will not need to prepare them with flour.
- Chop the chocolate, the finer it is the better it will melt. We break the butter leaving a little for the molds and heat everything in a large bowl in the micro.
- With 2 minutes at medium temperature it arrives, at the minute of the preparation, we remove and stir a little with some manual rods.
- We return it to a touch of temperature and join the rods until we obtain a homogeneous and smooth cream. We should not heat the chocolate in the micro more than necessary, because it can burn us. Let it cool down a bit.
- We separate the whites from the egg yolks (the latter we reserve for the next step).
- We are going to assemble the 5 egg whites, although they should not be too firm.
- To do this, we beat the whites until stiff, the trick for them to mount without problem is to use a bowl without any remaining fat, keep the whites at room temperature and add the sugar once the pinch of salt has been added. We reserve.
- We go with the dough, we join the egg yolks and the bitter cocoa powder. Mix with the rods and pour the chocolate cream, we combine well until we have the ingredients well mixed.
- Add the equivalent of a quarter of the egg whites and stir vigorously to fluff the cream.
Baked. Preparation of the chocolate soufflés
- We put the oven to preheat to 180º C.
- Next we incorporate the rest of the whites until stiff. With a silicone spatula we mix gently. Always with wraparound movements from bottom to top to avoid disassembly.
- This step must be done smoothly and without haste, only with patience will the cream be perfect.
- We melt the butter that we have reserved to paint with a silicone brush the interior of the molds. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar to fix it in the butter. I advise that each mold be of a capacity of 150 ml. at 200 ml, you see that they are perfect.
- We distribute the preparation in the molds and bake at 200 º C for 10 minutes.
- The pasta has to rise a third of its volume and the center should be creamy. If the pasta does not rise it is because the oven is not hot enough or the molds are not well smeared. It is important not to open the oven door while we bake our soufflés, or they will not go up.
- We serve just after leaving the oven because they are delicious. You can decorate with a little icing sugar in case you like more ‘sweetness’.
I encourage you to prepare it at home, a simple recipe that is explained step by step and with video. You can see in this step by step how to prepare these chocolate soufflés .
Trivia and tips for a yummy chocolate souffle
- There are desserts as it is that by its name to the French have gained fame and ‘glamor’ over time, the soufflé is one of them. Soufflé is a technique inherited from our French neighbors. It admits both sweet (like today’s chocolate) and salty elaborations, on the blog you will find some, such as the salmon soufflé .
- The first recipes in which this type of preparation appears are awarded to the famous chef Marie Antoine (Antonin) Carême. Author of the first and most important cookbooks of the century, compiled in various volumes in ” L’art de la cuisine française “.
- However, it was not he who invented it. The author of the first soufflés is said to have been a former cook of Louis XIV, the restorer Antoine Beauvilliers, who already served them in 1782 at his own establishment, Le Beauvilliers , recognized as the first restaurant as such in Paris.
- I leave you an explanatory video where I explain step by step how to mount the whites to the point of snow.