- 100 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 292kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken dumplings .
In the case of this recipe with chicken that I present to you today, it could not be easier, some very easy chicken meatballs with vegetable sauce .
When it comes to chicken meat they become light and digestive, and when accompanied by vegetables, we will have a healthy and fun dish that will be delicious with accompanied by fried potatoes .
Since I started my culinary career with this blog, I have always taken the opportunity to try to investigate a bit about the origin, history or curiosity of each of the recipes that I have been preparing.
Among many other things that I have been discovering and learning along the way. There is one that has caught my attention, the large number of traditional dishes within the cuisine of our country, which in some way or another, come from the Arab world. How could it be otherwise, today’s recipe, meatballs , are another example.
Today it is one of the most universal dishes that exist, both in Europe and in the rest of the world. There is a variation of this recipe, with nuances and peculiarities of the area and local products.
I hope you like these meatballs with chicken in sauce that I’m sure will disappear among the smallest of the house.
Preparation of chicken meatballs
- If your butcher hasn’t already done so, the first thing we need to do is grind the chicken breasts.
- First of all we remove any possible remains of fat that they may have and, to facilitate the work, we cut it into cubes of 2 or 3 cm. We crush the taquitos with a mincer or a mixer.
- We put the already ground meat in a bowl and add the eggs, the minced garlic clove and the breadcrumbs.
- Mix well with a fork or with your own hands. We must put all the ingredients together and form a more or less compact paste.
- If we see that it is a little fluid to be able to make balls, we just have to add a little more breadcrumbs and mix again. With our hands we will form balls of the size that you like or like and reserve in the fridge.
- Peel and chop the onion, thyme sprig and garlic. We add them to a saucepan with 4 tablespoons of oil already hot. Sauté over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- We take advantage of the onion making, wash and cut the carrots and the red pepper into cubes.
- Add to the casserole and remove the vegetables, allowing them to continue frying for another 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile we wash and cut the leek and add again to the same casserole. We remove and let it fry with the set.
- Finally, peel and dice the zucchini and add to the stew. We continue cooking the vegetables, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
Cooking, frying and final presentation of chicken meatballs
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate, allowing it to boil for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, salt and cook uncovered over medium heat for 20 minutes. If we see that it runs out of water we can add a little bit to the stew.
- We pass the vegetables through the mixer and / or the Chinese and reserve.
- While the vegetables are cooking we prepare the meatballs. In a deep frying pan, heat plenty of oil to fry.
- We pass the reserved balls by flour and, when the oil is very hot, incorporate the meatballs.
- We fry them on both sides until golden. Without going over, since then they will finish preparing with the sauce that we have reserved. We remove to a tray with absorbent paper.
- Add the meatballs to the saucepan with the sauce and let them cook for 10 minutes with the pot covered and over medium heat.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for homemade chicken meatballs . Do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect.
Tips to accompany these meatballs
- Accompany this dish with some fried potatoes, another alternative is to make a white rice as a garnish.
- White rice is perfect to mix with the meatball sauce and without realizing it you have made a great dinner.
- They also do very well with pasta or cooked potatoes (potatoes go well with everything), in any form they will be yummy! Enjoy!