- 90 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 287kcal per 100g.
How to make dumplings with ratatouille.
For lovers of ratatouille, here is a different and very tasty recipe, meatballs with ratatouille.
The preparation of this dish allows many variations, you can prepare the ratatouille on the one hand, and some meatballs in sauce and eat the ratatouille as a garnish.
Although I have chosen to cook everything together, in reality what I have done is not at all complicated.
Basically I have cooked some meatballs with tomato sauce and I have incorporated the vegetables with which I make the ratatouille .
Normally I don’t use as much tomato to prepare the ratatouille, but since I am going to integrate all the ingredients in the same stew, the meat of the meatballs will consume a large part of the tomato sauce.
I have opted for a jar of crushed tomato, instead of going nuts peeling tomatoes, to save time.
My mother always prepares it that way and the truth is that there is never a meatball left over. If you also cheer up with some potato chips in squares to accompany this recipe, I guarantee that you will be more than satisfied.
Also if meatballs are left over, it is an ideal dish to prepare the tupper of the week , because with this sauce, you will never run dry and you will also be the envy of colleagues at the office.
And it is that meatballs are such a traditional dish in our country that it is within the Spanish gastro genome.
It is one of those recipes to which each one adds their personal touch and which is part of our usual dishes, is liked by almost everyone and is not disliked by almost anyone.
When I propose on a Saturday, I have more guests than chairs at home. What do you think? Do we get down to work? Well, we are going to prepare a new dish of yummy.
Preparation of tomato sauce and ratatouille
- We prepare the tomato sauce.
- In a saucepan, pour the tomato pot, a tablespoon of sugar, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, salt, half an onion and a clove of garlic.
- We leave it on low heat, covered.
- In 35 minutes, or when the onion is tender, it will be ready to go through the mixer. Once crushed we reserve it.
- We prepare the ratatouille. Wash and dice the zucchini, onion and peppers in small cubes.
- In a low saucepan, pour a generous stream of virgin olive oil and add the vegetables so that they are poached.
- Once they are tender, we take them out and let them drain the oil well in a colander.
- We are going to use the oil again when we are going to fry the meatballs. We reserve.
Preparation of the meatballs and final presentation
- Mix the meat with the eggs and breadcrumbs, until the mixture is quite compact.
- Add a little salt and garlic powder to taste. We flour the meatballs giving them their characteristic round shape.
- In a frying pan with virgin olive oil we will pour the oil that the vegetables have released and brown the meatballs.
- Finally, we mix everything, tomato sauce, ratatouille and meatballs, in a low saucepan and let it cook over low heat, for 5 or 6 minutes.
- We serve very hot, accompanied by fried potatoes, mashed potatoes or white rice.
The sweet flavors of the tomato fit perfectly with the onion and the peppers fried over low heat to make the ratatouille.
The result is a simple and delicious dish, its flavor will surprise you, you will confirm it to me.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for some meatballs with yummy ratatouille
- It is a preparation that improves from one day to the next and also freezes very well.
- This is a simple dish, somewhat laborious but worthwhile. The meatballs alone are very good but accompanied by this delicious ratatouille sauce they improve in an incredible way.
- Another accompaniment alternative is to make white rice as a garnish. And if there is some leftover ratatouille, which I doubt, white rice is perfect to mix it and without realizing it you have made a great dinner, rice with ratatouille .
- Do not stop enjoying all the recipes with meat that we have on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.