- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.7 € / person
- 285kcal per 100g.
How to make baked dumplings.
There are very few meat recipes that remind me of both my parents’ home meals and meatballs .
When my mother or father served us, they asked us how many we wanted and I answered ” Five … To begin with .”
And it is that the meatballs, in addition to being delicious, are accompanied by an extra, the sauce . That way, when the meat is finished, we can still spread a good piece of bread on it to continue enjoying the flavor and memories.
As if that were not enough, the meatballs are very easy to prepare and allow small (or large) variations that completely change their flavor.
On the blog you can find a lot of options and ideas to do at home. We’ve already made meatballs in a vegetable sauce , chicken meatballs, and even cod meatballs , but we still hadn’t seen how to make this baked meatball recipe .
So let’s go for the recipe and prepare to ask ” How many do you want?” …
Preparation of baked meatballs
- Peel and chop the garlic and onion. We poach half in a frying pan with a stream of virgin olive oil.
- Add the meat and stir well, until it takes a little color.
- We beat the egg and add it to the pan. Season with salt and pepper, add the breadcrumbs and stir well.
- Remove the meat from the heat, put it in a bowl and let it cool slightly. Then we start to make the meatballs with our hands, making balls slightly larger than a walnut.
- We place them in a refractory source. Bake 15-20 minutes at 180º C, with heat up and down.
Preparation of the sauce to accompany the baked meatballs
- To prepare the sauce, fry the rest of the onion and garlic.
- We wash and chop the pepper and carrot and put them in the pan. We fry everything together for a few minutes.
- Add the peeled and chopped tomato and stir again. We leave everything together 3 or 4 minutes.
- Pour the wine, turn up the heat and let it evaporate for 2 minutes. Then it is time to add the broth, correct with salt and let all the flavors mix well for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and empty the pan into the glass of a mixer. Crush until you have a uniform sauce.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven, with the help of a spoon, cover them with sauce and bake 5 minutes more.
You can see all the step by step photos of the baked meatballs recipe in this album. Do not miss any detail and they will be perfect, to repeat, I assure you.
Tips for perfect baked dumplings
- Accompany this dish with some fried potatoes, another alternative is to make a white rice as a garnish. White rice is perfect to mix with the meatball sauce and without realizing it you have made a great dinner.
- The mixture with which we make the meatballs must be easy to handle and at the same time consistent enough so that the balls do not fall apart.
- To achieve this we can play with the amount of breadcrumbs. The idea is that when pressing the dough it is very compact. If it is too dry we can add a little more beaten egg and mix again very well.
- When adding the meat stock to the pan, it is important not to overdo it, it is better to stay short and if later, when it comes to whipping the sauce, it becomes too thick, add it at that time.