- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 300kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken in almond sauce . I present you a recipe for chicken of a lifetime, chicken in sauce . A dish with a thousand variations in the style of each house and that I am sure the whole family will like.
One of the basics of my kitchen and of everyone. An easy, rich, healthy, cheap and delicious dish that will be perfect for you by following the step by step of this recipe. Surely you are going to directly compete with the one prepared by your mother, mother-in-law or grandmother.
The chicken in sauce succeeds for several things, for the juiciness of the stewed chicken but above all for the sauce. In this recipe you can not miss a good loaf of bread to dip until there is nothing left on the plate. If you are passionate about this bird you can not stop preparing our classics, from the chicken to the chilindrón , the succulent chicken with garlic , the delicious chicken to the gardener , the successful roast chicken , the exotic chicken curry or some crispy chicken croquettes.
This simple but delicious dish can be accompanied by different garnishes each time. On the blog you have a lot of chicken recipes , but this is perhaps one of the best that you can accompany with a good first-class salad, some fried potatoes, white rice, a mashed potato or even vegetables to taste. Whatever you have on hand goes for this stew does not lose its character and personality. I hope you like it, you will tell me.
Preparation of the chicken and its ingredients before cooking
- We chop the chicken at home or we ask the butcher to chop it when we buy it. We clean the pieces of fat residues that we find in them well. Season the pieces lightly.
- We brown the chicken in a saucepan with plenty of extra hot virgin olive oil. We are turning the pieces so that they are browned on all sides. We remove to a source and reserve.
- Chop the onions and peel the garlic cloves, we will also finely chop them. We reserve.
- We remove the excess oil from the saucepan where we have browned the chicken. We leave just a little bit to fry the onion and garlic.
- We add the chopped onion and garlic. We fry everything for 10-15 minutes, until they are soft. With the help of a wooden spoon, we are scratching from the bottom the remains that will have stuck to brown the chicken.
- Thus we incorporate all that caramelized essence into the stew, it will be a flavor enhancer of this stew, much better than commercial poultry pills.
- We cook the eggs for 14 minutes and reserve the yolks. We reserve. You can follow this video with all the tips to make them look perfect.
Crushed. Cooking and final presentation of the chicken stew
- To prepare the crushed we roast the almonds in a small frying pan, always controlling the temperature so that they do not burn.
- In a small frying pan we put 2 tablespoons of the oil that we have used to brown the chicken and add the bread cut into small pieces.
- We fry the bread until it is toasted, trying not to burn it. We reserve.
- In a mortar we put the toasted bread, the cooked yolks and the toasted almonds. Crush everything until there is a paste.
- With the onion and garlic ready, add the chicken, the mashed one that we have prepared and the white wine. Cook for a few minutes until the wine reduces and add the chicken stock or water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- We cook for 40-45 minutes depending on the type of chicken. Remember that this recipe can be prepared with free-range chicken or chicken, even with the thighs of other birds, such as turkey.
- Go testing until you see that the meat of the chicken is tender, do not trust yourself and so you will also have controlled the point of salt.
It will only be necessary to accompany it with your favorite garnish and a good basket with bread. Everyone at the table!
If you still do not know the video and the step by step, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for chicken in sauce so that it comes out yes or yes. Do not hesitate, follow these photos.
Tips for a chicken in a yummy sauce
- It has white wine, you know that I always try to use the products of my land, although you can use any other wine in your area or that you like more.
- You can also make this recipe using turkey, and if you do not want to use almonds, you can also make the recipe with hazelnuts. walnuts, almonds or pine nuts, or a mixture of one and the other.
- To thicken the sauce I use the traditional mashed with bread and almonds, but you can substitute it for 2 teaspoons of starch or cornmeal making the recipe 100% gluten-free and therefore suitable for celiacs.