- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.5 € / person
How to prepare some meatballs with mushrooms . Are you bored of preparing meatballs always the same? Here I leave you a quick, simple meat recipe that is delicious, beef dumplings in mushroom sauce .
When I was little I ate meatballs once a week. My mother or grandmother always had a tupper ready for the days when they couldn’t spend as much time preparing food. They threw meatballs and voila! Some with tomato, others in sauce, others with mushrooms … and so they were changing modality.
A super handy dish both to prepare if you have guests, and to take in the tupper of the week. And it is perfect for unexpected visits, even for those who come with children, because the sauce in this recipe is very soft and if the little ones do not like mushrooms, they can be easily removed.
As I always like to give you alternatives, in this case you can choose the variety of mushrooms you want or change this ingredient for some mushrooms. And just like I have added a little liquid cream to thicken the sauce, you can use a little flour, which will also leave you with a creamy and very tasty texture.
Preparation of meatballs and mushrooms
- We prepare the sauce. We wash and chop the onion in very small cubes. We laminate the garlic clove in a low saucepan.
- Add a stream of virgin olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic.
- We wash and cut the mushrooms into strips. When the onion has poached, add the mushrooms. We fry them with the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- We let the mushrooms release all the liquid. When it has reduced we pour the white wine and let them cook over very low heat.
- Add a tablespoon of liquid cream, stir and let it continue to cook over very low heat.
- If you notice that it is running out of liquid, you can add more warm white wine. Think that then you have to add the meatballs and these can not stay dry, but also not broth.
- We test and rectify the salt point, if necessary.
Meatballs cooking and final presentation
- We prepare the meat. In a large bowl, mix the minced meat, eggs and breadcrumbs. Mix well and add salt and garlic powder to taste.
- Mix until all the ingredients are integrated. If the meat is too compact, you can add one more tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- In a smooth container we put flour. With a spoon we take meat, we give the round shape of the meatball. We flour it and shape it again with our hands.
- In a pan with enough oil, fry the meatballs.
- When they are ready we add them to the saucepan where the sauce is cooking.
- Stir to mix well with the sauce, but carefully so as not to break the balls.
- Add a little parsley and let everything cook over very low heat. About 5 – 7 minutes, turning the meatballs so that they are well impregnated with the sauce.
- We serve quickly so that the sauce does not get cold.
Tips and advice for a yummy dumplings
- Accompany this dish with some fried potatoes, a good mashed potato . Another alternative is to make white rice as a garnish. White rice is perfect to mix with the meatball sauce and without realizing it you have made a great dinner.
- One last tip, when spicing the meat, you can add garlic powder, salt and parsley. In this case, I have not included parsley in the meat, but in the sauce. Thus, the flavor of the meat is a little softer, allowing the mushrooms to be more appreciated.
- On the blog you can see that I am passionate about these meat balls. You can see them in a thousand ways, the classic meatballs with tomato , with an exotic touch that curry gives . The famous meatballs Greek tomato without meat, fish, salmon and prawns , of oxtail as ratatouille, with nuts or those that I present today … the more you like them .
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes with meat that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .