- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 275kcal per 100g.
How to make an apple pudding . Surely it happens to you like me, and the fact of wasting food or having to throw it away because it has been spoiled, hurts your soul.
That is why I am a fan of all recipes that involve taking advantage of other dishes or foods that, otherwise, we would surely no longer eat. That is why today’s sweet recipe is one of those that we periodically make at home.
Either because we have a two-day loaf that no one is going to eat anymore, or some cookies that we don’t know how we have passed. Or as in today’s dessert, some sobaos that had more than enough with us, we took the opportunity to prepare today’s recipe, apple pudding.
A bread pudding is a kind of egg custard enriched with bread, cookies, some sponge cake, some muffins or some pastry sobaos to which we give a fresh touch by adding fruit. Whether they are apples, as in this case or any other fruit.
By caramelizing the apples with butter we bring an unmistakable and fantastic flavor to the dessert. If the muffins or the cake are also buttery, the result is to start and not stop until it is finished. I hope you are encouraged to prepare it at home.
Preparation of apple pudding
- We peel and core the apples. We chop them into 2 cm cubes. and we reserve.
- In a small skillet heat the butter, add the apples in pieces 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- We cook the apples until they start to caramelize, which will take us 6 or 7 minutes. We remove from the fire and reserve.
- In a saucepan add the whole milk, 2 tablespoons of sugar, a strip of lemon peel, another of orange and a stick of cinnamon.
- Heat until it begins to boil and remove from the heat. We let the milk temper and remove the cinnamon and the skins.
- Once the milk is warm we beat it with the eggs in a large bowl.
- We add the crumbled sobaos and the caramelized apple that we have reserved. Mix well and reserve.
Baking and final presentation of apple pudding
- While we preheat the oven to 180º C we make the caramel for the base of the rectangular mold. In a small saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons of sugar with one tablespoon of water.
- We cook until a blond caramel forms, being careful not to burn it. Pour the caramel into the mold and spread over the entire base.
- If we are going to do it directly in the mold where you are going to prepare your dessert, place the mold on the stove over low heat and watch that the caramel does not get too dark, we do not want it to burn and bitter us instead of sweetening .
- Add the cream that we have reserved and place the rectangular mold on a tray with 2 or 3 fingers of water. Bake in a bain-marie for 40 minutes at 180º C.
- The cooking time will also depend on the type of mold. That is why we can see the cooking point by clicking with a metallic something and checking that it does not have stuck dough.
- When we see that the pudding has curdled, we remove the tray and let the pudding cool down in the mold in the water tray. We store in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for a yummy apple pudding
- I advise you to prepare it a day before and leave it to rest overnight in the fridge.
- I just want to give you one last recommendation. If you are going to use hard bread from previous days, it will be necessary to increase the amount of sugar by adding several tablespoons to the milk preparation.
- As you can see in the step by step, since we have used sobaos and these already have their proportional part of sweetness, it was not necessary to add more to the liquid. Just to cook the apples and for the caramel.
- When you crush the mixture a little so that we do not find unwanted stumbles, more than those of the apple. If these are not funny either, all you have to do is go through the blender and solver.
- We can take it alone, as is, or accompanied by whipped cream with a little sugar. A little English cream, mascarpone cream or even a scoop of ice cream. With any of the options we will have a homemade yummy dessert.
- Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes .