- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 258kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a chickpea salad in vinaigrette .
Many salad recipes from our gastronomy are based on a humble ingredient, chickpeas.
We associate this legume with both a good Galician stew and Easter recipes .
Chickpea is so nutritious that it can also be the star of summer dishes. Let’s take as an example this delicious and fresh chickpea salad .
If you have already prepared any of the creams of oriental gastronomy that I have on the blog that oriental gastronomy brings us, you will know that the one that has the most public success is Hummus or chickpea puree .
On the other hand, this salad that I present today is based on the famous potatoes dressed with a luxurious vinaigrette and with a touch of Easter thanks to smoked cod flakes, very similar to the one I made last year with Bonito del Norte .
Indicated for cholesterol reduction, chickpeas provide protein, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Do not give them up in summer, with the heat that is falling you can try taking them in salads.
Legumes are also for the summer , the result is super fresh, full of color and with the vitamins that all the vegetables that I found in the fridge give it.
You can even accompany them with some olives and some cooked potatoes … imagination to power to make a luxury salad.
A super complete salad, I hope you like it and cheer up with it.
- We are going to cook the eggs, cover them with cold water and cook at medium-high temperature 10 minutes from the boil.
- We should not cook them any longer since a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye. With these indications you have to be perfect.
- We let them cool and once cold we remove the shell and chop them into thin strips.
- We reserve and wait until the end to decorate each dish with the approximate amount of one egg.
- If you like it a lot, do not hesitate, cook some more and add more quantity.
- We put them in the fridge while we prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Chickpea Salad Preparation
- For this recipe I usually use a pot of cooked chickpeas that they sell in any large area or supermarket.
- I would not cook them, the recipe also comes out of ten and what we want in the summer is to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen.
- Drain the liquid in which they are kept (leave about 50 ml to mix with the vinaigrette). You will see that there is a little foam, run them through water until it disappears.
- We add them to a large bowl where we are going to gather all the ingredients.
- We wash all the vegetables very well and cut them in Bruinose . Add to the bowl with the chickpeas.
- Cut the smoked cod in the same way and put it in the bowl.
- The salty point of smoked cod will give the salad an original and different touch. Be careful with the salt from this point, once all the ingredients are mixed.
- We must take into account that the vinaigrette has salt, you must control the point so that it is not too salty. We keep everything in the fridge.
Preparation of the dressing and final presentation of the chickpea salad
- In a glass add a pinch of smoked salt (which goes great with smoked cod, a different and original flavor, if you do not have added normal salt).
- If you are kitchens, it is important that you always have different salts at home, they are cheap and they give a different and original touch to your recipes.
- We introduce the extra virgin olive oil and the liquid that we have reserved from the chickpeas, add the sherry vinegar and stir vigorously until it is linked. We reserve.
- Add the dressing to the chickpea salad and mix carefully without breaking them.
To serve, remember that this salad must be eaten cold and is much better from one day to the next.
We can use to taste, for example in a deep dish with a little broth left over from the vinaigrette and the egg on top.
You just have to bring it to the table and … enjoy this refreshing and complete chickpea and cod salad!
You can see all the photos of the recipe in the step by step of the next album
Tips for a yummy chickpea salad
- This cod is not cheap, if you want the salad to drop from 6 euros to 2, you just have to remove it from the ingredients budget. Or also replace it with a cheaper smoked one. Although the truth is that it is worth it, try it and you will tell me.
- The cut in Brunoise, is a type of cut in small dice of 1 to 2 mm on each side. Ideal for a huge variety of vegetables or greens such as carrots, onions, garlic, turnips, peppers, etc. Do not stop practicing at home to make your recipes a success.
- The vinaigrette is one of the most international and most versatile sauces in the world. This basic dressing has been used for many years to flavor and flavor salads.
- The proportions will depend on the taste of each one, the type of oil, the vinegar and the ingredients used can change the intensity of the flavor. In this case, the liquid from the chickpeas is incorporated to give it more flavor.
- To give a gourmet point to this salad you have flake salts, flowers and salt crystals, white, gray, pink or dark colored, smoked, spicy, more or less tasty. Even with sweet tones, of marine origin, rocks or mountainous areas, of the Camargue, Cabo de Gata or natural parks. A sybaritic point for those salads and recipes always.