- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 190kcal per 100g.
How to make tomato salad with bonito from the North.
This tomato salad has fresh tomato cut into small pieces, finely chopped chives, black and green olives, hard-boiled eggs, extra virgin olive oil and bonito from the North.
I have also added a touch of personal flute with capers, fresh cheese from Burgos, a little garlic and a vinaigrette to taste at home. So we have one of our favorite salads , very similar to the Murcian salad .
This salad admits infinite possibilities , I have seen it with chillies in their spiciest version, with smoked cod or a little roast replacing the bonito in chips. Even with the famous smoked meat from the Murcia area: marlin or Maruca roe.
In each house it is prepared in a different way from that of the neighbor but what is clear is that the ingredient that marks the quality is the tomato.
I leave you with this supernutritive salad that can be consumed throughout the year, a simple and very nutritious dish. Do you cheer up?
Cook the eggs
- The first thing we are going to do is cook the eggs, while they cool we will prepare the rest of the salad.
- We cover them with cold water and cook 10 minutes from the boil.
- We should not cook them any longer since a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye.
- We go through cold water to cut the cooking and then remove the shell of the eggs, separating the white from the yolk.
- Chop the egg whites very finely and add to the bowl. We reserve the yolks for the vinaigrette (optional).
Preparation of the salad base
- My recommendation is that for this salad you use white tuna crumbs or a quality tuna belly.
- If it comes whole, it is best to crumble it by hand so that it does not find very large pieces and add it to the bowl.
- We cut the natural tomato into not very large pieces, preferably without skin.
- Chop the onion or chives into very small pieces (I prefer it because it is finer). Add to the bowl or casserole.
- Chop the garlic clove very finely and sauté it in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the tomato and pass it for 5 minutes until it reduces, remove from the pan to the bowl.
- It is time to add the olives (black and green) and capers.
- We remove everything from bottom to top with our hands to join flavors, try salt and if necessary add a little more.
- We keep in the fridge.
Preparation of the vinaigrette
- In a glass add a pinch of salt, chopped oregano and freshly ground black pepper.
- We add extra virgin olive oil and sherry vinegar, stir vigorously until it is linked.
- If you want you can also use the previously crumbled egg yolks.
- Stir gently until well mixed. We reserve.
Presentation of tomato salad with cod
- In the bowl that we have taken out of the fridge add the egg yolk vinaigrette and combine very well with 2 wooden spoons.
- Always in an enveloping way so that everything comes together well and we take it back to the fridge.
- If it falls short with the vinaigrette, or if it exceeds the amount of wet (the juice released by the tomato) it does not come out on point.
- For example, I like that it is not very liquid.
I leave you with this very nutritious salad that can be consumed throughout the year, a simple and very nutritious dish. Do you cheer up?
Tips for a yummy tomato salad
- This salad should be made several hours before tasting, so that all the ingredients mix their flavors.
- Fresh and from one day to the next it will be perfect, luxurious, you will love it.
- At home we like it with cheese, so that the flavor of the cheese does not detract from the rest of the ingredients, we accompany it with Burgos cheese, which has a neutral flavor.
- We cut the Burgos cheese into squares and place at the end (after the vinaigrette), as decoration. It is totally optional but at home we like it.
- A totally customizable salad, to the taste of each house. You can add pickled gherkins or canned white asparagus, for example.