- 300 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 345kcal per 100g.
How to make a cheesecake without using the oven .
One of our favorite sweet recipes is cheesecake or cheesecake .
We love the thousand and one ways in which they can be prepared and the different textures that each one of them has.
It is a very versatile sweet that we do not make ugly in any way. As evidenced by the variety of recipes that we have prepared previously: easy cheesecake , mini cheesecakes in individual glasses , cheesecake with chocolate and the popular American cheesecake or New York cheesecake .
These are a small sample of the many recipes that exist and that today we want to increase with a cold cheesecake with mascarpone.
This is one that does not require an oven, perfect for preparing when the heats are tight or when we only have time to prepare. Once our attention is devoted to it, the rest is to wait for it to set in the fridge and that’s it.
On a base of classic biscuit and butter, with pieces of walnut, lies a soft and buttery cream cheese with slight hints of lemon that contrasts with the acidity of the strawberry in the topping.
This is a very easy recipe to prepare that requires only patience.
It requires a cold rest time to be ready, so it should be prepared the day before, but it is a question of organization and point. Let’s go with the recipe.
Preparation of biscuit base of our cheesecake
- We crush the cookies together with the nuts with the help of a kitchen robot. If we do not have it, we put the cookies in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin and chop the nuts with a knife.
- Add the butter at room temperature to the cookie mixture with the walnut and mix well until obtaining a homogeneous mass.
- We cover with it the base of a removable mold of about 20 cm in diameter, distributing the mixture evenly, and let it cool in the fridge.
Stuffing of our cheese cake without oven
- Meanwhile we prepare the filling and start by putting the gelatine leaves to soak in cold water for at least 5 minutes.
- We beat the icing sugar well with the butter and cream cheese. We can use a kitchen robot, some electric rods or do it by hand.
- We wash the lemons well, dry them and grate them. We also squeeze their juice. We add both things, zest and juice, to the previous mixture and beat until incorporated. Add the mascarpone cheese and beat again.
- We heat the liquid cream, trying not to boil it. We can use the microwave, where 30-40 seconds will be enough.
- Drain the gelatin leaves and add them, one by one, to the hot cream. They will dissolve due to the effect of heat, but we give the cream a few turns with a few rods or a spoon to make sure that there are no lumps.
- We add this mixture to the cheese and beat one last time until everything is incorporated. We pour the mixture into the mold, in this case 20 cm in diameter, as shown in the photo. If you want it to be thinner, use a larger diameter mold. The cream to go on the biscuit base.
- We keep it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or until it solidifies.
Coating and final presentation of the cheesecake without oven
- Then we prepare the coverage. In a saucepan, heat the water with the sugar over low heat for 5 minutes.
- We pass the strawberry jam through a strainer and add it to the saucepan. Mix and, when it boils again, add the agar-agar.
- We remove so that it dissolves and we let cook over low heat for a couple of minutes. Let the coating warm for a few minutes before spreading it over the cheesecake.
- We put it back in the fridge so that the coverage takes on body and hardens. About an hour, although better to let it rest overnight.
You can see all the step by step photos of the cheesecake recipe in this album.
Tips for a cold yummy cheesecake
- It may be strange to read butter among the ingredients of the cheese mass. The quantity is very small and gives it a very subtle touch of flavor and a very successful smooth texture. If you don’t want to use it, you can always substitute it for more cream cheese.
- If you like cheese cakes with citrus touches. You may also want to increase the amount of lemon or include others like lime. Be careful, this is a cheese cake and we recommend that you do not go over.
- This cake can be dressed up as a gala just by placing chopped strawberries on the surface, alternated with other red and forest berries and dusted with icing sugar. A very simple decoration that is very elegant and it will seem that you have bought it in a pastry shop.
- If you do not have agar-agar at home, you can replace it with a neutral gelatin sheet. It will be enough to put it to soak in cold water and add it, well drained, to the mixture of freshly boiled strawberry jam and removed from the fire.
- Mascarpone is a cheese from northern Italy, originating from Lombardy, which is made with milk cream, cream and citric acid or acetic acid. It has a creamy but consistent texture, a very light yellowish-white color and a slightly sweet flavor.
- It is a very delicate product that gets rancid quickly, so you have to consume it “soon.” It is perfect for desserts, especially for making the famous tiramisu , but it is not the only sweet in which it is used and here is the cold cheesecake with mascarpone to demonstrate it.