- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make cauliflower fritters .
Next to Easter you are asking me for fritter recipes . On this occasion I recommend these healthy but tasty snacks. A healthy and easy recipe, the ones we like at home.
And is that fritters can be made with almost any ingredient, and of course not always sweet, like wind fritters . Salty options are also the order of the day, such as the famous cod fritters .
These fritters are ideal as an aperitif or as a garnish or accompaniment to meat or fish .
An ideal way to prepare vegetables for everyone to eat at home, even the youngest ones who always come up with the theme of vegetables and fish.
Tasty little bites of glory, with a very smooth texture, a perfect way to conquer your family. You dare?
Preparation of the base dough for the fritters. Cauliflower
- We put the cauliflower in a saucepan, cover it with water. Add a little salt and put on medium heat.
- We boil for 10 or 15 minutes, the cooking time depends on how tender the cauliflower is.
- Remove from the heat and drain well, so that there is no water left.
Let it cold down. We put it on a plate and mash well with a fork.
- The other option would be to steam it, with very little water and with the lid on. About 10 minutes, so we will get a more earthy texture. This to the taste of each house, although it should not be hard, it is tender.
- Chop the onion, the garlic clove and the fresh parsley very small, very fine. It should be as small as possible. We sauté everything in a frying pan until it is poached. We reserve.
- We put the crushed cauliflower in a bowl and add the sofrito. Season with salt and pepper, stir everything and gradually add the breadcrumbs.
- We integrate in the base mass until we see that it begins to be homogeneous. If necessary, add a little more breadcrumbs. We can even give it a touch with your favorite cheese, imagination to power. We reserve
Frying and final presentation of cauliflower fritters
- We beat the eggs with the flour and the yeast. Season and beat with the help of the mixer until you have a batter-free cream without lumps.
- We put a frying pan on medium heat and add plenty of oil to fry.
- When the oil is hot, with the help of two teaspoons, we form small balls with the dough that we will fry.
- The difficulty of this recipe is in the temperature of the oil, since if it is not hot enough the dough falls to the bottom.
- If the oil is very hot, they will brown very quickly and will be raw inside. The first batch will serve us to try the following ones and they will be delicious.
- We throw the skillet little by little as they will increase in size.
- When they are golden, remove the fritters on an absorbent paper and let them temper. To enjoy!
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for fritters with cauliflower . Do not miss any detail.
Tips for some yummy cauliflower fritters
- Once drained, the ideal is to eat them warm to enjoy.
- These fritters are perfect as an aperitif but also as a main dish or accompaniment. I encourage you to present them with some sauce, a homemade mayonnaise , tomato sauce or some variation like this sauce with a spicy and refreshing touch of tabasco and peppermint.
- Even the contrast with a sweet sauce of honey and mustard is scary, a few simple strands of house honey give that recipe a different and fun touch.