- 45 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to make a yogurt cupcake .
If there is a sponge cake that I remember as a child it is yogurt or yogurt , let’s go for a lifetime in most homes in Spain, it is one of the sweets that completes our dessert recipes .
I present you one of the easiest cakes to prepare and with a yummy result.
This cake admits a multitude of variations, you can use it as the base for different cakes or add pieces of fruit or nuts. And of course, take it as is, as I present here, homemade yogurt cake , a guaranteed success.
We are going to prepare with the measurements a glass of yogurt , the one that we buy for home normally. I do not get involved in this topic because going to buy a yogurt at the supermarket is a very complicated task, there is so much variety that you do not know what to buy.
Rosa, my mother, prepared it with a Galician brand yogurt, which brought a pretty hard plastic container, making it very easy to take measurements.
His recipe is very simple and easy to remember, since you only have to remember 1, 2, 3 with the measures in the proper order: 1 yogurt, 1 measure of soft olive oil, 2 measures of white sugar, 3 measures of flour and 3 eggs.
An envelope of yeast and a pinch of salt would be missing, you can also add a little vanilla essence or zest of a lemon, to flavor and there are many people who put the yogurt of the flavor that they like, in this case natural sugary.
This cake is the easiest of all, a minimal complication for a juicy and very fluffy cake . You can even make it fluffier still if you mount the whites, although in the recipe you will see that it is only whisk and ready.
The result is a sponge cake of all life perfect for breakfast or snack. 100% recommended, what are you waiting for? To the kitchen to prepare it.
Preparation of the yogurt cake
- The basis of this recipe is to take the glass of yogurt as a measure, which greatly facilitates the issue of ingredients.
- Add the yogurt to a large bowl and wash the pot or container where the yogurt comes from.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C and spread the mold that we are going to use with butter, on the base and the sides.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flour and remove excess flour. We reserve.
- We beat the eggs with some rods, when they start to blanch, add a pinch of salt. We measure the sugar (remember, they are 2 glasses) and we beat again, we already have the base ready.
- We add in the bowl a measure of soft olive oil, the chemical yeast and measure the flour again with the glass (remember that they are 3 measures).
- We put everything in the bowl and beat with some rods (you can use manual or electric, whichever you like). There should be a homogeneous and fine mass.
Baking the yogurt cake
- We pour the mixture into the mold, I recommend that it be removable. This part is always done with care and using the spatula to slice the bowl well.
- With the type of mold and the previous step of butter and flour in the base it will be easily removed from the mold.
- We bake for 30 to 35 minutes depending on the oven you have.
- You have to put the future cake in the middle tray with heat up and down, without air, at 180º C.
- If we see that it roasts a lot at the end of cooking, when there are 10 minutes left, cover with a little aluminum foil.
- Important, open the oven as little as possible and at the end of the baking time puncture with the tip of a knife. If it comes out clean by clicking in the center of the cake, it will be done.
Final presentation of the yogurt cake
- We leave the cake to temper a little in the mold. Then we unmold, passing a knife with the sheet inside out along the edges.
- We let it finish cooling on a rack to prevent it from catching moisture. Ready to eat.
- You can sprinkle a little icing sugar on top, although it is totally optional.
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this yogurt cake recipe . Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.
Tips and advice for a fluffy sponge cake
- You can flavor your cake, the ideal is to use lemon yogurt because it gives it a special flavor. But in case of not having it we could use a natural one and put lemon zest to add some flavor to the cake.
- It is important that you only scratch the outside of the lemon (the yellow one). If you get to the white part, it will give you an unpleasant bitterness.
- If you want a sponge cake that is taller and fluffier, you only have to mount the 3 egg whites. We separate the whites from the yolks very carefully. In the glass of the blender, we mount the whites with a pinch of salt, helping us with the electric rods. We make upward circular movements until the whites are mounted to the point of snow. To know if they are ready, you just have to turn the container upside down.
- We incorporate the egg whites spoonful by spoonful at the end of the process, that is to say when we have finished with the flour. We use a silicone tongue or spatula to mix the cream very gently. Always with enveloping movements, to avoid losing air bubbles that will make the yogurt cake high and fluffy.
- If you want it lighter, we can substitute wheat flour for fine corn flour, the so-called cornstarch. So it will also be suitable for celiacs, since it does not contain gluten.