- 120 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 3.5 € / person
- 356kcal per 100g.
How to make cannelloni stuffed with Bolognese.
Today it is the turn of one of the classics of Italian gastronomy that we like the most at home.
The cannelloni stuffed with bolognese are always cause for joy when we bring to the table because we love them all.
We don’t do them more often because of how entertaining they are, but when we sink their teeth into them we always think we should make the effort. They are a tremendous pleasure.
The truth is that, by organizing a little, your preparation becomes bearable. Neither of the two main elaborations it carries, bolognese and béchamel , is complicated and can be prepared in advance.
In this way, the day we want to consume them, we just have to boil the pasta, assemble the cannelloni and bake.
To give it an authentic Italian touch we have prepared this recipe with Garofalo’s Cannelloni , which give such good results, guaranteed quality.
We have already shared with you other recipes for cannelloni, a type of pasta that supports infinite filling and formulas.
You can find the tasty cannelloni fish , the cannelloni terrine (such as the Pilar grandmother who is a classic on Saturday), cannelloni with spinach and ham , autumnal cannelloni with mushrooms , classic cannelloni tuna and tomato , a style my land, the cannelloni a la gallega (from lacón con grelos) or the succulent meat cannelloni .
Today we add to this long list the classic cannelloni stuffed with Bolognese that are delicious. We hope you enjoy them.
Preparation of the filling. Bolognese sauce
- Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves and onion.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and, over low heat, cook until the onion becomes transparent.
- We wash the carrot very well and grate or chop it. Add to the pan with the garlic and onion and continue poaching over low heat.
- When the carrot is soft, after about 10 minutes, add the minced meat and turn up the heat.
- We stir with a wooden spoon so that it does not weigh down and remains loose, while lightly browning.
- Finally we add the natural chopped tomato, season with generous salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until the Bolognese sauce is juicy, but without the remains of the tomato juices.
- Let cool and reserve. To fill the cannelloni, the sauce must be cold.
Preparation of the béchamel sauce for the cannelloni
- Meanwhile we prepare the bechamel sauce with which to cover or cover the gutters.
- To do this, heat the butter in a frying pan and, when it is melted, add the flour.
- Stir for one or two minutes to form a roux and lightly brown the flour. With this, the raw flavor is lost.
- We add the milk little by little, stirring constantly so that lumps do not form or dissolve those that we can not avoid.
- We can use rods and make sure that the bechamel is very fine.
- Season to taste and cook for 15-20 minutes over low heat. We remove from the fire and reserve.
Cannelloni cooking. Pasta
- Next, we cook the sheets of cannelloni pasta, using a large pot with plenty of water so that they do not stick to each other.
- We follow the instructions on the package, subtracting a couple of minutes from the indicated time because the pasta will finish making in the oven.
- We remove the cannelloni sheets and immerse them in a container with ice water to cut the cooking.
- Once cold, drain and place on a clean kitchen cloth. We dry slightly.
Cannelloni filling. Baking and final presentation
- We place a tablespoon of the Bolognese in the center of each cannelloni, along left to right.
- We close the dough by folding the ends over the filling.
- We place in a baking dish smeared with butter, with the closure of the pasta on the bottom.
- We mix the cannelloni with the bechamel sauce . We cover well so that there is no pasta left in the air that can be dried in the oven.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and a few butter sticks.
- We introduce in the oven, preheated to 200º C (with heat above and below) and cook 15 minutes at about 200º C.
- We change the oven to the gratin function and brown the surface for 5 minutes.
- We remove from the oven and let it warm before serving.
Tips for perfect cannelloni stuffed with Bolognese
- There is a type of pasta for cannelloni that does not require cooking in water. They are the so-called pre-cooked cannelloni that you only have to immerse the sheets in hot water for about 20 minutes and they are very comfortable to use.
- There are also pre-cooked cylindrical cannelloni that are filled with the Bolognese sauce, covered with bechamel and baked directly. The time saving is considerable and the result is very good.
- You just have to make sure to prepare a slightly juicier filling and a clarita béchamel sauce that hydrates the pasta in the oven.
- Although we have used canned chopped tomato, the Bolognese sauce will be richer with natural tomato.
- One way to enrich the Bolognese sauce is by adding red and green peppers to the sauce, a few mushrooms and a few cubes of bacon.