- 1 kg of beef steaks (sirloin) cut into strips
- 12 pasilla chili peppers deveined
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
- 2 pinch of ground oregano
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked beans (includes part of the broth)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil and lightly fry the chiles; put them in a saucepan with 1 liter of water.
- In the same fat, sauté the garlic and onion; Put them with the chilies and cook over medium heat until it boils and the chilies are soft.
- Blend the above with 1/4 cup of the cooking water, until obtaining a homogeneous mixture; strain it. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan over low heat, pour in the smoothie, season with the cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and cook until it boils.
- Add the beans and steaks, put the lid on the dish and cook until they are cooked. Accompany with tortillas.
We know that you really like traditional flavors made with beef that is why we have brought you this delicious soldadera steak . We give you the recipe so that it is very delicious.
THE CURIOUS ORIGIN OF THE SOLDADERA STEAK
Alfonso Sánchez García tells, in his book El Pluje del Mosco, that the soldaderas of the Mexican Revolution used to prepare for the guerrillas a plate of steaks bathed in pasilla pepper and accompanied by beans. This dish became popular and a whole tradition, which was baptized as soldadera steak.
In fact, from this dish the expression “kitchens like soldadera” arose, which means to use pasilla chili in meals on a recurring basis.