- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
How to make tuna stuffed eggs . Today I bring you a recipe with fish and eggs. A very attractive recipe, very easy and most importantly, delicious. At home we have prepared them for a long time, with what could be entered easily and with love, in an old recipe.
A classic that never fails when there’s not much time to cook and we want quick starters to solve a meal. Many times we go crazy when family or friends come and there are a lot of simple recipes to look good. One of those recipes that have to be in your repertoire in case of emergency or as a fixture in your weekly menu.
With basic ingredients, that we have at home at any time, we will get some eggs stuffed with yummy. Pulling canned tuna and a few more ingredients, a little personal touch and tastes of home, I present you some luxurious stuffed eggs.
In addition, these recipes include a good mayonnaise, an ingredient to keep in mind so that they are perfect. To avoid tangling and make your life easier, I used a good quality pot mayonnaise. Anyway you can make your own homemade mayonnaise . Cheer up with them, finish these eggs with this nice presentation with grated egg yolk, and I’m sure there won’t be one left on the plate.
- Eggs are the basis of this recipe so choose good quality ones, in this case they are free-range. Although if you can have homemade eggs, the thing will be for note.
- We start by cooking the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- After time, we put them in a bowl and submerge them in cold water. This will cool them faster and make it easier to peel the eggs.
- Once cold, we peel them and cut them in halves. We will try to make them two perfect halves and we will carefully separate the yolk so as not to break it or the white that will be the container for the filling. With great care, we remove the cooked yolks and reserve them.
Preparation of the egg filling
- We open the tuna cans. I have used preserves made with olive oil, being of higher quality and better flavor. We remove the tuna. We will drain the oil from the can well and reserve it. We will crumble the tuna so that it is as thin as possible.
- We throw in a big bowl, where we will prepare all the filling.
- Peel the onion and chop very finely. We are going to fry it with a little of the remaining oil from the preserves in a frying pan. When it has a nice golden color and is well poached we add it to the tuna that we have in the bowl.
- We are going to use 4 buds of those that we have reserved. We chop the yolks very well, chop and add them to the rest of the ingredients. The rest, the other 4 will be for decoration.
- We mix the ingredients, taste and season, it may be perfect as a point of salt, remember that the tuna is already salty.
- Now we add the tablespoons of mayonnaise and tomato sauce. Mix well with a fork until everything is well linked. This will be the filling of the whites of the eggs that we have emptied.
Fill the stuffed eggs. Decoration and final presentation.
- We take a little of the cream that we have in the bowl. Fill the hole and put the same, simulating the size of the original egg yolk.
- Next, we will grate the egg yolks on the directly filled whites, or in a separate bowl. Then we spread it over the top. We can also do it with a Chinese or pastry, when you turn the crank, there will be yolk chips that will give a touch of color to your plate.
- For my taste it is better to do it directly so as not to crush the yolk shavings. Cut the chives very finely and sprinkle on top. In addition to flavor we will give it a touch of color, the result will be more beautiful.
Quick and easy recipe, you no longer have an excuse not to cook. What do they look good on? What would you fill these eggs with?
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos . Perfect for a light dinner, a party or just because.