- 30 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.3 / person
Homemade yolk nougat . In addition to the traditional super soft nougat Xixona , the nougat and almond nougat, each year there are more versions with different flavors and ingredients. Among those is the roasted yolk nougat, which in addition to continuing to have almond as the main ingredient, includes the roasted yolk which, in my opinion, forms a perfect combination.
Believe it or not, this Christmas dessert recipe is easily prepared at home. It is simply a matter of combining the ingredients and allowing them to dry at room temperature. We will be left with a juicy, compact and flavorful nougat nougat, better than many of which we can buy. We can forget about paying fortunes for a nougat that, on many occasions, is dry and lumpy, with the recipe that I leave you with success we are assured.
As always, a very important part of this recipe is the quality of the ingredients. Having a good almond, ground at home or somewhere you trust, and some eggs if they are homemade better than better, are the secret to getting an unbeatable toasted yolk nougat.
Preparation of the yolk nougat
- In a bowl we beat the yolks, the lemon zest and the cinnamon. We reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat the water with the sugar. When it reaches 115ºC we remove from the fire. If you do not have a thermometer, count that this point of the syrup will take us about 5 minutes to get.
- We pour, little by little, the syrup over the yolks without stopping beating at any time with some rods. We will have to beat the mixture for about 5 minutes, until it has cooled.
- Add the ground almonds and mix until there is a homogeneous paste. It is important not to beat excessively so that the almond does not begin to release its oil.
- We cover a mold with transparent paper or baking paper and fill with the nougat dough. Cover with transparent paper and level the surface to make it smooth.
- We let the nougat sit for 3 or 4 days at room temperature. Thus it will acquire hardness and texture. We remove the nougat from the mold and cover it with sugar. With a kitchen torch, toast the surface sugar.
With a minimum work we will be able to enjoy a category yolk nougat, perfect to be like kings at these Christmas parties. A classic Christmas candy that cannot be missing in any tray for these holidays, I encourage you to prepare it this year at home, you will tell me.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .