- 12 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to make beetroot hummus
This variant of hummus has been one of the discoveries of the last dinner at the home of friends, we love it! So much so, that I have asked for the recipe to share it with all of you.
Are you attracted to the color of this hummus? Enter just by looking at it, it attracts that red color and when you try it … a touch of sweet flavor that combines wonderfully with the spices of this Lebanese cream.
This cream is very easy to prepare and as an appetizer or starter it is ideal. A quick and surprising vegan or vegan pate . When you try it, you will find a very specific flavor and an incredible texture, smooth, full of nuances and also healthy.
Carrying chickpeas has a high protein value, the touch of sesame from tahina and beets, in addition to providing its color, brings folic acid, vitamin C, potassium and magnesium to the body.
I leave you with this protein-packed alternative that can perfectly replace a meat meal. A very colorful starter or appetizer. Do you dare to surprise your guests with this hummus?
- You can buy already cooked beets or do it at home.
- To help the mixer crush all the ingredients well, it is recommended that you first cut the cooked beets into pieces.
- For this recipe you can use already cooked beets or cook it at home. If you cook the beets at home, put the beets in a saucepan when the water is boiling.
- It will take more or less to cook an hour. And we must verify that it is in its point by pricking it with a fork. We reserve, to then add it to the chickpeas it is better to be cold or warm.
Preparation of beet hummus
- For this recipe we have used a pot of cooked chickpeas, so we have the recipe prepared in 10 minutes. I would not cook them, the recipe comes out of ten anyway.
- Drain the chickpeas from the liquid in which they are preserved, you will see a little foam. Pass them through water until it disappears. We reserve in the drainer.
- We make juice with half a lemon, strain it in case there are seeds and reserve.
- Peel the garlic clove. I only prepare it with one but those who like it a lot can add more, like with gazpacho .
Shred and final presentation of our beet hummus
- We place the chickpeas in the mixer glass with the following ingredients. The garlic clove, the mint or basil leaves, the tahini , the cinnamon, the juice of half a lemon or lime that we have previously strained, the ground cumin, the diced beets, salt and the extra virgin olive oil.
- We beat with the maximum power until we have a puree type cream but a little denser and we reserve in the fridge. Cold is much better. If you have a food processor you can control the texture much better.
- To present it the best thing is to choose a flat and large plate, in this way we will share it among several. We distribute the chickpea and beet cream.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of the hummus and a good jet of extra virgin olive oil.
As you can see it has no science, it is easy and quick to prepare, very healthy and nutritious. A dish that children love and that you can even prepare with them.
You can see all the step by step photos of the beetroot hummus recipe in this album.
Tips for a Yummy Beetroot Hummus
- This cream is ideal to take as a starter, as a pate, in sandwiches or as a snack.
- I advise you that it is not to strain any lemon seed. The bitter taste of lemon pipes can spoil the cream.
- Accompany the beetroot hummus with regular toasted bread or pita bread with a touch of oven (which works best for you).
- It is the most traditional although you can accompany it with vegetable chips or vegetable crudites, raw vegetable sticks such as carrots or cucumbers. I leave it to your liking … Bon appetit!