- 35 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 3 / person
- 255kcal per 100g.
How to make some tacos stuffed with prawns .
I present you an ideal fish recipe for an aperitif, the beginning of a good meal, snacks or a delicious dinner full of flavor.
The pads are one of the most Mexican dishes that have spread beyond its borders. They are corn or wheat tortillas that are filled with some preparation that can be based on meat, fish or simply vegetables. Today I bring you the recipe for some shrimp tacos that are yummy.
It is believed that the dish is of pre-Hispanic origin, when tortillas with cochineal, beans and chili were consumed. The first taquiza, collective food based on tacos, which appears documented, appears in the chronicle made by Bernal Días del Castillo, in his True History of the conquest of New Spain , and was carried out by Hernán Cortes and his captains.
There is a wide variety of tacos depending on the meat used and the way of preparing it. From the tacos with chicken tinga , to the super popular cochinita pibil and tacos al pastor , both with pork.
Although tacos based on seafood are rare in Mexico, there are some examples, always using products from the area where they are prepared.
Today’s recipe is a sample of how we can prepare tacos with seafood. A powerful taco without losing an iota of flavor and, if we also want itchiness, accompanied with homemade pico de gallo . It is a very simple recipe that I assure you will be a success, you will tell me.
Preparation of the prawns
- We remove the skin and the head of the prawns and reserve them for another preparation, a broth for a seafood rice would be a perfect option. We make a cut to the prawns along their back to remove the guts and reserve them.
- In a frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil and brown the chopped garlic and the cayenne cut in half.
- When we see the garlic begin to brown. Add the prawns and sauté for a few minutes. Just enough for them to change color, and remove shrimp, cayenne and garlic.
- We should not overcook the prawns since at the end of the process they will still have a few minutes of heat that will finish cooking them.
- In the same frying pan and with the same oil, fry the red pepper cut into thin strips. If necessary we can add a little more oil to the pan.
- When the pepper begins to soften, add the julienned cabbage, cut into thin strips.
- We continue the sauce for a few minutes until they are cooked but with a crisp point, we should not leave the vegetables too old.
- Add the prawns cut in half, 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander and the juice of one of the limes. Season with salt and pepper and let the mixture cook for 4 to 5 minutes. We remove from the fire and reserve.
Preparation of the pico de gallo and final presentation of the tacos
- To do this, we peel and chop the tomatoes and cut them into small cubes. We wash and cut the fresh coriander very small and peel the red onion and cut it into a thin julienne.
- We mix these ingredients in a bowl, salt and water with the juice of the other lime.
- In a frying pan, without any fat, brown the wheat tortillas for the tacos. We heat each pancake for 1 minute on each side and serve hot.
- To prepare each taco we take a hot tortilla, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the prawn filling and cover with the pico de gallo .
They are a real yummy treat, with a touch of spice that I love. It is a perfect recipe for a dinner with friends or a movie. Any excuse is good to enjoy some great prawn tacos.
I encourage you to try doing it at home, the result is impressive. You can see all the step by step photos of these prawn tacos in this album.