- Very easy
- 40 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 348kcal per 100g.
How to make barbecue chicken wings. Many times you ask me for a lunch or dinner, which are simple and cheap recipes, as this is one of them.
A chicken recipe for which we have a weakness at home, chicken wings.
We find them a delicatessen within the reach of anyone who is not highly valued. They also accept many preparations, I usually cook them fried, marinated in some spice and with white wine to give them a delicious touch.
At grandma Pilar’s house we eat wings with garlic and recently also baked with a light batter . As in Tex-Mex restaurants I usually order Buffalo Wings (or wings in BBQ sauce ) I decided to learn how to make them at home.
And is that on the blog you have a lot of chicken recipes , I am the number one fan of this type of recipes, most are very simple and especially cheap.
The secret of this recipe is in the homemade barbecue sauce . Invented in 1829 in order to flavor any type of roast meat, currently the foods that use this sauce the most are pork ribs and roast chicken .
This type of sauce combines acidic flavor with sweetness. We can also add our favorite spices and give it a unique touch.
Although always respecting its base, you should take yes or yes: tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard (or some vinegar), soy and honey. To these ingredients I have added the plump touch so that everyone licks their fingers until the plate is empty.
The recipe is so simple that you will not believe it. We do not use the pan at any time so there is no need to fry, work the oven for you. If you want to make it even easier without preparing your homemade sauce, you have several options to buy.
In one way or another this is a recipe that the whole family will like, whether they are big or small, they are very fun to eat since they do not need cutlery directly with their hands!
Preparation of homemade barbecue sauce
- We are going to make a little more sauce than the wings need, so we will have more recipes. It keeps very well for several days in the fridge and can always be frozen.
- We cut the onion very thin, peel the garlic and fillet them very fine.
- Fry these ingredients over medium heat in a large saucepan with a nut of butter and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. The time would be about 5 minutes until they are soft.
- We turn off the heat and add the different types of sauce: soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and ketchup. Mix well until all the flavors are well integrated.
- We put the casserole over low heat again. Add the homemade tomato sauce , water, salt, freshly ground black pepper and a spoon full of honey.
- We stir again and cook at medium temperature for 5 more minutes. When it begins to thicken, we give it a touch of a blender so that there is a homogeneous sauce with a concentrated flavor.
- We try salt, if necessary sprinkle with a little more. If you notice that it is still very liquid, we raise the temperature of the fire.
- We constantly stir so that it reduces, it has to be to your liking.
- If you like the sauce with a spicy touch this is the time to add it. I recommend a few drops of hot sauce, cayenne or chili powder to taste.
- We let it rest and reserve.
Preparation of the baked wings in BBQ sauce
- When you buy wings, it is normal to get them whole, that is, wing, tip and thigh. We cut the tip and separate the thigh, with your hand you dislocate the bone and with a knife you separate it, it takes less than 5 seconds.
- I usually leave the tip of the wing because we like it, we are that rare, although many people throw them away. We place them free of hairs in a source and season with salt and pepper. We reserve.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C, heat up and down and air for 5 minutes. We place the wings on a large tray.
- U ntamos very well on both sides with the BBQ sauce, usad a brush or brush. We leave a little sauce aside in case we want to dip a little more when they are done.
- We put the wings in the oven at 180 ° C and let them roast for 25 minutes. Halfway through the baking we turn them over with a fork so that they are golden brown on both sides.
We serve them on a hot tray and eat them with our hands. We can accompany them with a good salad, fried potatoes, roasted potatoes , micro potatoes or alone.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for baked wings with barbecue sauce . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Your tips for perfect wings
- Montse Martínez tells me that he prepares this dish a lot at home because his children love it. It is much less fat than fried chicken wings although the sauce is quite high in calories. If you want to reduce the caloric intake, you can substitute the butter for extra virgin olive oil. And brush the wings less before putting them in the oven.
- José María tells me that he also makes this recipe with other parts of the chicken (thighs, breasts …). Although depending on the size they will take more time in the oven to make.
- Adela Gómez recommends that if the wings have traces of feathers, the most effective way is to use a torch or lighter to burn them. So they come out very easily.