- 30 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 2.5 € / person
Trout are one of the best options to buy fish at a good price. Throughout the year you can find them in fishmongers, coming from fish farms, in pieces of “ration” size, between 350-500 gr.
If you can get river trout, in the fishing season, this dish already becomes something supreme, since the taste of wild trout is impressive. In my Galicia land there is a long tradition of river trout, and it is possible to find bars and restaurants that prepare them in season.
As for fishmongers, the most common are those of the “Arco Iris” variety, similar in appearance to common or river trout. Outwardly they are bluish green, with a dark back. The belly is silver and on the sides they have colored pints. In addition to being tasty and inexpensive, trout are also highly appreciated in the Kitchen.
With very little preparation we can enjoy them. You will see how simple this recipe is. It is a fish that is easy to digest and that provides few calories, therefore perfect for your diets.
On the blog we have other recipes with trout, very successful indeed, such as fried trout stuffed with ham and trout strudel with potatoes and vegetables . Particularly it is a fish that I like for its simplicity to prepare and how tasty it is.
Preparation of trout with ham
- Ask the fishmonger to prepare trout for you to fill. If you are going to do it at home, we empty them of guts and very important to wash them very well outside, to remove the gelatinous layer that they bring. We dry with absorbent paper, salt and reserve.
- We wash and peel the potatoes. We cut them in “bakery”, in sheets across the width. In abundant hot olive oil, fry them half done, about 5 minutes. Later in the oven we will give it the final touch. We reserve on absorbent paper.
- In a small bowl, pour 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 2 cloves well chopped and a handful of chopped fresh parsley. Add 1 jet of white wine and mix well. This will be our basic dressing for the baking time.
- Let’s go now with the trout filling. We introduce a slice of Serrano ham, folded so that it fits well and on it some strips of green and red pepper, previously roasted. We have used good quality canned peppers to save time and work.
- We preheat the oven for 5 min. at 180º C.
- In a flat baking dish, place a potato base. We put the trout on the potatoes. Sprinkle the fish with the dressing, and place in the oven on the central tray.
- Bake about 12/15 min. at 180º C The time interval depends on the size of the trout and the power of your oven. As soon as you see that they are well toasted they will be ready to remove. Halfway through baking, we spray again with the dressing that we have prepared.
- As you can see, it is a super simple recipe that will take us little time to prepare. You will be forever hooked on the flavor and versatility of trout. You will tell me …
- We present a trout per diner on a large plate. If instead of a dinner you want it to be a unique dish, you can accompany it with a layer of potatoes, white rice or tomato in salad.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .