- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
- 263kcal per 100g.
How to prepare tuna with tomato . During the summer season, between the months of June and October, the northern tuna season is in full swing.
It is a fish highly valued for the quality of its meat, textures and flavors. There are many fish recipes in our gastronomy with which we can prepare a good bonito from the North .
From the classic emblem of Basque cuisine, the marmitako , through the impressive Galician bonito empanada , which is more so if the bonito is homemade. That is, if we prepare our own canned tuna from the North , up to a pot of tuna of a lifetime.
The basis for achieving a delicious result will be, on the one hand, a good example of beautiful, fresh and quality , and the preparation of a stew with a base on which to cook it.
The preparations are many but perhaps one of the simplest and most basic, and no less wonderful, is the tuna with tomato sauce. It is a classic combination that is usually always a hit with any type of fish.
To get that substantial base we do not need hard to find or super expensive ingredients, with the basic products that we all surely have in our refrigerators we can prepare a great tuna with tomato.
Onions, garlic, a touch of white wine and some good tomatoes from the garden at their ripening point, are the only thing we need for the preparation of this recipe.
Preparation of bonito with tomato
- We clean the slices or the loins of bonito removing the skin and the thorns. We cut the pieces into large pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and, when it is hot, brown the pieces of bonito, sealing them on all sides. It is not a matter of cooking them completely but of marking and sealing them. We withdraw and reserve.
- In the same saucepan, with the excess oil, fry the onion and the garlic cloves cut into small cubes.
- We cook the vegetable for about 10 minutes at medium temperature.
- Peel and peel the potatoes into cubes, breaking them instead of cutting them. This will release your starch into the saucepan and help thicken the sauce.
- Add the cut potatoes and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
Preparation of tomato sauce and final presentation of bonito with tomato
- While the potatoes are stewing with the vegetables, peel the tomatoes.
- We can blanch them for a few seconds in boiling water to remove the skin easily or simply peel them with the help of a knife. Grate the tomatoes and add them to the casserole.
- Salt and add the sugar to reduce the acidity of the tomato and continue cooking for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the white wine and let it reduce for a few minutes. We cook what will be the sauce of our stew for about 20 minutes over low heat.
- After this time we incorporate the fish that we have reserved and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Cover the casserole and let the fish cook finish with the fire turned off, for about 10 minutes.
With little work we will have a nice stew with yummy tomato. A whole category dish with a high-end product, the bonito.
If you like bonito as much as your girlfriend / or, but you do not have Northern bonito on hand, you can even with salmon, it is not a mortal sin. I say it for the most purists of this recipe, what is there! We can have it throughout the year.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the recipe for bonito in tomato in the next album.