- 120 minutes
- For 6 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to prepare stuffed pork.
The story presents pork as a delicacy suitable for banquets and celebrations.
That is why I want to propose you a spectacular recipe for its flavors and smells and very interesting for its low cost, stuffed pork loin. This meat is perfect for Christmas celebrations or for any gathering where you want to surprise with your culinary skills.
The first thing that will attract the attention of your guests will be the spectacular sweet smell that will receive them upon entering your house. The filling is something very personal. Some people put eggs, ham or minced meat on it. I like to fill it with prunes, apples and bacon.
I have eaten it many times, at Christmas meetings that we celebrate at a good friend’s house and I must say that I am always surprised by its taste. I think it is a perfect combination.
Preparation of the pork loin filling
- The first thing we are going to do is prepare the filling. We peel the apples and cut them into not very thick squares.
- In a frying pan we put a tablespoon of butter and the apple squares. We keep it on low heat until the apple is tender. Then we take out the apple and reserve.
- In the same frying pan where we have softened the apple we put the Pedro Ximénez and a pill of chicken broth. We let the pill dissolve. We put out the fire and reserve.
- In another frying pan we put a little oil and fry the bacon slices for a few minutes, so that they are not crispy or toasted , just pass them a little through the frying pan. We reserve.
- Season the pork tenderloin both inside and out.
- We cover the loin with the bacon. On the bacon we put a row of prunes (pitted) and another row of apple.
- We continue lining up until the bacon slices are completely covered, or until the center of the pork piece is well filled.
- It is important to leave the ends free to be able to roll the loin once it is filled.
Pork loin roll
- Carefully roll the loin so that the fruit stays in the center.
- We cover the meat with the mesh that the butcher has given us, taking care so that the filling does not come out when squeezing the loin piece!
- Another way is to join the ends with toothpicks, so that the meat does not open when cooking it. You can also buy kitchen yarn and tie the spine yourself.
- In a large saucepan or large deep frying pan, add extra virgin olive oil to cover the bottom.
- Next we put the loin roll and brown it on all sides.
- We sprinkle the loin with the Pedro Ximénez that we have prepared in the pan. Let it cook for a couple of minutes over low heat, so that the flavors are well integrated.
Baking and final presentation of the roast
- We preheat the oven to 200 ° C, with heat up and down.
- Transfer the meat and the sauce to a baking dish and cover it with aluminum foil.
- We put it in the oven for 30 minutes. We remove the aluminum foil and leave it in the oven, at 180 °, for approximately 1 more hour. We watch so that the meat does not pass.
- If before the hour we see that the meat is done, we take it out. If when we open a little we see that the meat is still raw, we can leave it a little more. It is important that the pork is not raw.
- If the sauce is consumed we can add half a glass with Pedro Ximénez and water. We take it out of the oven and serve it hot.
The Pedro Ximenez sauce perfectly accompanies the meat, providing an unbeatable mix of sweet and salty flavors.
This recipe accompanied by some potatoes cooked in butter will delight your guests. You will love it!
You can see all the step by step photos of the stuffed pork tenderloin recipe in this album. Follow the step by step and it will be perfect for you.
Tips for a Pork Stuffed Pork
- You can accompany it with a good red wine and, as a garnish for the meat, buy a can of canned potatoes (round and small), drain them well and pass them through the pan with a tablespoon of butter until they take on a golden hue, but not burned, you will see how successful they are.
- Finally, a tip. At the time of shopping, to know if the pork you are going to buy is in good condition, make sure that it is pink and the fat that surrounds it is white and firm.
- In the butcher shop you must order a piece of fresh loin. Let them open it for you to fill out. To avoid messing up the meat, ask the butcher to give you a piece of the mesh that they use to hold the meat. It will make your job much easier.