- 30 minutes
- For 8 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 402kcal per 100g.
How to make Tiramisu or Tiramisu my way. It is not the exact traditional Italian recipe, it has its variations as it is usually done in most houses.
This dessert was one that I dared to be a child with and has evolved little by little. For the most purists in the blog I have the tiramisu recipe as they prepare it in Italy , following the traditional recipe with the Sabayon cream whipped in a water bath.
In its origin the tiramisu did not have a brand, that is, without cheese, surprised? It was a restorative dessert for customers of brothels in World War II, a sweet cream that they offered to give more strength and raise libido … hehe. Funny story, right?
Back then, only 5 ingredients were used: egg yolks, sugar, biscuits , cocoa and coffee. The evolution and subsequent recognition came about thanks to the Toulá restaurant chain that made this delicate, simple and very creamy dessert known throughout Italy.
This layered ladle cold dessert doesn’t have a single crafting recipe. You can find variants depending on the area of Italy in which you are and of course it is present as the basis of many recipes.
On the blog I have prepared a very successful Christmas dessert , the gypsy arm and tiramisu , a false strawberry tiramisu . I leave you with one of my favorite desserts and the best of Italian gastronomy.
A dessert where the mixture of flavors and aromas is everything, it is impossible to describe it in words, so get down to it and try to do it at home. You dare
Preparation of tiramisu
- We start by separating the whites from the yolks. We assemble the egg whites until stiff.
- For this we introduce the egg whites at room temperature in a bowl in which there is no remaining fat or they will not rise. We add a pinch of salt and begin to beat. While we beat we add the sugar.
- Beat until the whites rise and are firm, then handle the meringue with a silicone spatula.
- We beat the yolks with the sugar, the vanilla essence and the liquor until there is a creamy mixture and it has bleached (with a little foam, it looks good).
- We beat the mascarpone cheese until it is creamy (it is best to beat it at room temperature) and mix with the meringue and the yolk mixture.
- When mixing it must be very smooth without lowering the whites, what we want to achieve is a fluffy cream.
Whip the cream. Make the tiramisu base cream
- We assemble the cream, this is much easier than the meringue, a trick: the cold, unlike meringue, all cold should be used.
- We remove the 200 ml. of cream from the fridge, the sugar if possible also and the bowl or container where you are going to beat (if it is metallic much better) if you leave it an hour in the fridge it will be perfect.
- Beat with electric rods until compact.
- We add the cream to the previous mixture and we already have the most important thing, the tiramisu cream, itself that you are dying, I cannot avoid eating one or two tablespoons. We reserve in the fridge for the cream to settle.
- The rest is a piece of cake, we put a coffee pot to make as for breakfast and let cool.
Assembly of the tiramisu and final presentation
- When this cold we scare the soleillas with coffee, it does not have to release liquid, and we put a layer of biscuits of soletilla and another of cream. So three times and we finish with cream.
- The last step, no less important, is the touch of cocoa, very important pure cocoa.
- Sprinkle with a strainer so that there are no cocoa crumbs, this ingredient is what gives this contrast so important in this dessert.
- And most fundamentally, we put it in the fridge to cool, always leave it overnight.
- If you do not want to wait so long, I advise you to add when you go to beat the cream cheese half a glass with neutral gelatin powder, the milk must be hot so that the gelatin dissolves very well.
- A more compact cream will remain in a few hours.
We can present in a source or in individual portions in a cool glass that we have at home, I leave it to your choice.