- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.8 € / person
How to make a whimsical Italian-style pizza . I’ve always liked the name of this whimsical or whimsical pizza. It made me imagine the ingredients of his recipe as a whim, either because anything goes to make this pizza or because it is so good that it is, a whim for the palate. I think the best option is the second one, because it really is impressive, from the preparation of the homemade pizza dough to the detailed preparation of all its ingredients.
Beyond the traditional Neapolitan margarita pizza , this is one of the most classic preparations along with the four cheese and four seasons pizza. It is a pizza with a multitude of ingredients, something rare in the typical Italian types of pizza, where they are usually simple and tasty preparations but without requiring a large number of products. In this pizza we will find olives, anchovies, artichokes, mushrooms, basil and egg, in addition to the ubiquitous mozzarella cheese and crushed tomato as a base.
The combination of such a variety of flavors and textures make this really a whimsical and surprising pizza. In egg, which we will place in the last minutes of its preparation so that the white simply curdles and keeps the yolk liquid, it will serve as a union and perfect combination with the rest of flavors, quite a luxury.
Whimsical Pizza Preparation
- To prepare a pizza at home we have two options, we can buy a pre-made base in any supermarket or enjoy the process and the result of a homemade pizza dough . If you dare to prepare the dough at home I leave you the link of the recipe that you have on the blog. It is a dough with a lot of flavor, fluffy and delicate, I encourage you to try. If you have any questions or queries about the pizza dough you can consult the special to make the perfect pizza , it will clarify all your doubts.
- Once we have the pizza dough prepared, whatever the option we have chosen, the first thing we do is preheat the oven to 250º C. This is a process that will take us about 15 minutes, time necessary to prepare the filling and assemble Pizza.
- We spread the pizza dough on a parchment paper in an ovenproof tray and we put it with the filling. Peel the tomato and crush it with a mixer. We spread the crushed tomato over the entire surface of the dough leaving a 2 cm edge free. all around.
- We place the rest of the ingredients on the pizza, the mozzarella cheese in cubes, the artichoke hearts cut in half, the black olives cut or whole, as you like, the anchovies and the mushrooms cut into slices and raw. We distribute some fresh basil leaves and we already have the whimsical pizza assembled and ready to put in the oven.
- Bake with the oven very hot at 250º C for 8 minutes. It is long enough for the dough to be ready and the cheese to melt. As a check to see if the pizza is ready we can lift it slightly from the base with a spatula, if we see that the bottom is beginning to brown, the pizza would be ready.
As an accompaniment to this pizza, I only recommend a good beer and great company, the rest will be provided by this great pizza and its whimsical flavor, that you enjoy.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours. Perfect for a light dinner, a party or, yes, a delicious way to share food with friends and the people you love. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .